Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166219 - 12/19/07 07:17 PM 2 funny headlines in 2 days
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
1. Paris Hilton says she is helping the environment by going green. She now turns off the lights and TV when she leaves her house, as well as makes sure no water is running.

Doesn't everyone already do that? I do.

2. Lynne Spears' book about parenting has been delayed indefinitely, her publisher said Wednesday.

Nuf said.

I'm not sure which makes me laugh more. Don't flame me too much. I like to read Yahoo's most popular and odd news at work to pass the time as I wait for tasks to complete.
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#166220 - 12/20/07 02:07 AM Re: 2 funny headlines in 2 days
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
The reason her book was delayed wasn't because of Britney (although that should have been WAY more than enough reason), but because her 16 year old sister got pregnant.

Clearly, Lynn and her husband are GREAT parents. I can't imagine what I'm going to do without a book from them telling me how to raise kids some day!!
#166221 - 12/20/07 11:15 AM Re: 2 funny headlines in 2 days
Arcxnus Offline
I actually feel kind of sorry for Lynn. Sure, Britney was a meal ticket, but she was constantly trying to get her daughter back on the right track instead of just ignoring it and cashing in on the publicity. Fame hasn't completely stolen her soul, because she'll act like a mom before she acts like a manager.

I can't stand Britney. She threw everything back in her mother's face and blamed her for everything, and even took away Lynn's ability to see her grandchildren, like the selfish ***** she is. Jamie is just following in her sister's footsteps because she probably knows she can. Can you even imagine how tired their parents must be?

You try managing yourself when your babies are in the news all the time, and are getting eaten alive by the press for things than any human is capable of, being treated hundreds of times worse than the situation actually is, and see how much better you can do. I'm sure they rarely ever see their children anyway.

Not much time for parenting when it's being done by directors, publishers and lawyers.

Argh. Long diatribe. I had more in defense of what I think, but this hurts my brain. If you call me on it, though .. yeah. I'll explain it. I guess.

Isn't there something better to do?
#166222 - 12/20/07 01:36 PM Re: 2 funny headlines in 2 days
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
I don't feel that bad for Lynn. She let her 16 yr old daughter live with that 19 yr old guy who knocked her up (blind if you didnt see that coming).
I'm sick of all the retarded hollywood girls in the news. I make better news after eating 3 burritos at taco bell.
#166223 - 12/20/07 03:05 PM Re: 2 funny headlines in 2 days
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
I'm sick of all the retarded hollywood girls in the news.
I'm sick of all of Hollywood in the news period. It's not remotely entertaining to watch these people. If I want to see Hollywood-type antics, I'll go to a Barnum & Bailey show, thank you.

Left-wing, idiotic nutjobs...all of them, it seems.
#166224 - 12/21/07 02:41 PM Re: 2 funny headlines in 2 days
Acefighter Offline
Something I got in one of my E-Mail newsletters:

Quote:

Boy, what a shocker when Britney Spears 16 year-old sister Jaime Lynn announced she was pregnant, huh? Who could have seen that one coming? Everyone else but her apparentlybecause she was 'shocked and scared' when she found out she had been knocked up.

Nickelodeon's response (Jaime Lynn has a show on the kids network)--- let's do a little special on teen pregnancy. Oh, that's just peachy. That will be a great benefit to the 9-14 year-old audience, for sure. Hopefully someone there remembers that the best way to not get pregnantis to NOT have sex.

Other fun ironies in this story: Jaime Lynn's mother (Lynn Spearswho is 0 for 2 on the parenting front) has just completed a book...on parenting. And, the 19 year old father, who has told family members that he 'does not want to rush into marriage' ----works as a pipe layer (insert your own joke here).