Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166431 - 08/24/07 03:15 PM Crackdown on the Tail of the Dragon
SlickGTP Offline
Loc: Houston, TX
ToD Crackdown

That sounded like a cool road to go down at one point. frown

Kinda sorta, yeah, no?

'02 Black GTP - RIP 03/03/08 ||| '06 Black G35 MT6 - Stock ||| '73 Chevy half ton(resurrected)
#166432 - 08/24/07 06:00 PM Re: Crackdown on the Tail of the Dragon
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
It still is. Look at who's doing the complaining.
#166433 - 08/26/07 10:24 AM Re: Crackdown on the Tail of the Dragon
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
all of the folks that come there have to generate a lot of income for local business and eateries...why would you be so worried about this one little stretch of road when highways are as crowded with speed crazy fools.

I have never been there so I may be speaking out of turn. i do know when we visited the Poconos we had crazy sportbikers pass us on blind curves over double lines...now if thats how it is on the Dragon then something does need to be done...but from what I've read it isnt like that...given the fact that the road does skirt a national park the heat was bound to come down before too long.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#166434 - 08/26/07 01:55 PM Re: Crackdown on the Tail of the Dragon
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:

now if thats how it is on the Dragon then something does need to be done...but from what I've read it isnt like that...
The people complaining are the ones who operate the website. Talk to anyone who has ever riden/concured the dragon and you'll hear a much scarier version.

Everyone has always told me to stay away on the weekends and holidays cause the crazys are running rampant. It's not just the bikes but the sports cars as well.

318 turns in 11 miles is just screaming bring it on.