Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166834 - 06/20/08 06:52 AM Re: Adding insult to injury? I think so...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Rook do you have any experience writing a budget for a community? Nobody had any idea that fuel would go through the roof as fast as it did. Even if they thought it might they woulda have had to move money from some other program to cover the forcasted use of fuel. Now you got people up in arms. But since the budget is written and money's are allocated it's done their is no money to move. Camera's they cost money where is the community going to get it to install? Installation will take too long to be effective. So to "Serve and Protect" surcharges on fines are needed. I guess you'd rather just park the cars and shut down the LEOs and let the masses run wild?
#166835 - 06/20/08 08:21 AM Re: Adding insult to injury? I think so...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Most police forces have already blown through their fuel budget for this year. Someone has to pay for fuel that's being used to chase down the law breakers. Why not let the law breakers pay for the fuel that "they" are forcing the police to use to chase them down?
With gas prices the way they are, I have found myself driving with an egg under my gas pedal. I've stretched my fuel out so much I'm now showing 20-21 mpg, where I was showing 15-17 mpg.
Why should I have to pay for the extra fuel used by police to chase down the law breakers? I didn't do anything to cause the cop to chase them.

Like I said before, the only ones who are going to have an issue with this are the ones who are going to be effected by it.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2