Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166893 - 04/13/05 12:58 PM What is your opinion
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
About this problem of migration into your country?
Be free to answer whatever you think no matter i'm mexican, i really want to know you're real opinion, i know it is a real problem for both sides.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#166894 - 04/13/05 01:13 PM Re: What is your opinion
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
If they do it legally great. If they are doing it illegally and expect me to pay for their wellfare then F em.
#166895 - 04/13/05 01:21 PM Re: What is your opinion
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
If they do it legally great. If they are doing it illegally and expect me to pay for their wellfare then F em.
I second that.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#166896 - 04/13/05 01:54 PM Re: What is your opinion
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
To elaborate on what Herc said:

I don't even have an issue if they enter illegally and work to make a living (they are even paying into Social Security for crying out loud).

But I don't like illegals using hospitals, welfare, medicaid, etc. To me, those are only rights of US citizens.

I also don't agree with the law that says a mexican family can come to the US illegally, have a baby, and then legally become citizens just because their child is a US citizen. That's just another loophole I don't like.

If someone wants to come to the US legally, more power to them. I'll welcome them with open arms. But for people who come illegally ahead of the waiting lists of those who are trying to be legal citizens, they should not get the benefits of a legal US citizen.
#166897 - 04/13/05 02:51 PM Re: What is your opinion
Movingupfromz28 Offline
Loc: Orlando, Florida
If there is work and they are legal who cares.
#166898 - 04/13/05 03:15 PM Re: What is your opinion
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Quote:
Originally posted by Movingupfromz28:
If there is work and they are legal who cares.
Isn't that the whole point? I think UMfan summed up my thoughts on the matter. I assume everyone has heard of the Minuteman project down in AZ... my view on that: If the US Border Patrol can't do its job, someone has to.
#166899 - 04/13/05 03:47 PM Re: What is your opinion
Alex Offline
Wow, i notice you have very sharp opinions about this issue, which i wont coment cause, as mexican, my opinion would be subjective, and is not the goal of my topic to start a division here. But is very interesting and of course VALID your position. Cause all i have is what notices on TV show (mexican and american networks)

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#166900 - 04/13/05 03:56 PM Re: What is your opinion
nad Offline
Loc: Imperial MO
No offense to anyone living in this country, but I think that America is for caucasion Americans and noone else. Everyone else can go back to their own damn country! smile If it wasn't for Africa importing people, the crime rate wouldn't be so high!! wink

-Dan-

SOLD-1998 Grand Prix GT with 148K. Infinity Reference 5.25s, Pioneer 4 way 6x9s, Yokohama AS430s, Open cone K&N intake, Front strut bar,180* Powerstat, Dual glasspack mufflers w/ removed resonator, and painted under-hood components.-SOLD-

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 81K, 3" turbo-back exhaust, open cone intake, hard IC piping, boost controller, GReddy Type-S BOV, more to come.
#166901 - 04/13/05 04:00 PM Re: What is your opinion
Alex Offline
so, theres no caucasion criminals?

please i do not want to be offensive at all ok?, i just like to share points of view.

#166902 - 04/13/05 04:26 PM Re: What is your opinion
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by nad:
No offense to anyone living in this country, but I think that America is for caucasion Americans and noone else. Everyone else can go back to their own damn country! smile If it wasn't for Africa importing people, the crime rate wouldn't be so high!! wink
He is being sarcastic Alex.
#166903 - 04/13/05 04:40 PM Re: What is your opinion
Alex Offline
Ups, sorry, is difficukt to me to catch those things...
blush

cheers

#166904 - 04/13/05 04:53 PM Re: What is your opinion
nad Offline
Loc: Imperial MO
Yeah, I was just yankin' your chain. But seriously I'm not a big fan of immigration. I just think it should be kept to a minimum, even though we're importing people from different countries left and right.

-Dan-

SOLD-1998 Grand Prix GT with 148K. Infinity Reference 5.25s, Pioneer 4 way 6x9s, Yokohama AS430s, Open cone K&N intake, Front strut bar,180* Powerstat, Dual glasspack mufflers w/ removed resonator, and painted under-hood components.-SOLD-

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 81K, 3" turbo-back exhaust, open cone intake, hard IC piping, boost controller, GReddy Type-S BOV, more to come.
#166905 - 04/13/05 05:17 PM Re: What is your opinion
HercMan(Rob) Offline
This country was founded on immigration. As long as it's all done legally what's the issue?
#166906 - 04/13/05 05:26 PM Re: What is your opinion
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by nad:
Then wouldn't you say that everybody who isn't Native American should leave????

wink
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#166907 - 04/13/05 06:03 PM Re: What is your opinion
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex:
Wow, i notice you have very sharp opinions about this issue, which i wont coment cause, as mexican, my opinion would be subjective, and is not the goal of my topic to start a division here. But is very interesting and of course VALID your position. Cause all i have is what notices on TV show (mexican and american networks)
I think most of our opinions are pretty much the same so far.

We are all decent American, hard working guys. We don't have anything against immigration. We just don't like people using our resources or being here illegally.

If I'm understanding how others feel, I think that about sums it up.

Alex, how would you feel if your hard work that went into a really good hospital and school was supporting a bunch of Americans or Columbians, or Brazilians that came into your city illegally? Wouldn't you think it's unfair that your money is paying for them?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >