Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166908 - 04/13/05 06:05 PM Re: What is your opinion
KyleGT Offline
Loc: Madison, WI
I'll have to agree with everyone else, If ANYONE wants to move to america, and does it legally, I have no problem with that at all.
Also, I know several people that moved here legally from Mexico, and they are living quite a bit better (better paying jobs, etc.) than the illegals.

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
#166909 - 04/13/05 06:16 PM Re: What is your opinion
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by framos242:
Quote:
Originally posted by nad:
[b] No offense to anyone living in this country, but I think that America is for caucasion Americans and noone else. Everyone else can go back to their own damn country! smile If it wasn't for Africa importing people, the crime rate wouldn't be so high!! wink
Then wouldn't you say that everybody who isn't Native American should leave????

wink [/b]
I remember an old editorial cartoon that was in our paper a while back. It showed a white guy in a black suit complaining about imigrants and how they should all go back to their own countries.
The next caption showed an American Indian asking if he can help pack the white guy's bags.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#166910 - 04/13/05 11:49 PM Re: What is your opinion
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
^^^^^^^Funny...I woulda passed out laughin at that one.
#166911 - 04/14/05 12:59 AM Re: What is your opinion
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Alex, I've never been to Mexico myself, so I'm kinda curious. Are the jobs and living conditions so bad down there that people are will to risk so much to come here?...I guess I just figured that things would have improved down there over time. I was under the impression that the free trade agreement was to create more jobs south of the border so mass immigration would slow down. Once again, just curious, you have a job and a car and a home right?...are you considered to be in the upper income class of people down there?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#166912 - 04/14/05 02:25 AM Re: What is your opinion
Kirmie Offline
Loc: Toledo
Quote:
Originally posted by framos242:
Quote:
Originally posted by nad:
[b] No offense to anyone living in this country, but I think that America is for caucasion Americans and noone else. Everyone else can go back to their own damn country! smile If it wasn't for Africa importing people, the crime rate wouldn't be so high!! wink
Then wouldn't you say that everybody who isn't Native American should leave????

wink [/b]
Well, actually Mexican's are considered white so technically I think they would still be allowed in after this statement. Has to do with the US obtaining Texas and not wanting non-white landowners like the Mexicans that were living there at the time. But on the issues of border hopping, I couldn't care less who gets in. In fact my one friend has been loking into the history of his familly and he is pretty sure they made up his last name after hopping the border because he can't seem to find anybody named Abitua. As long as a Mexican woman dosen't sneak in just to have a baby as an American citizen and get welfare they are fine in my books. How else am I going to get stuff at Walmart for 10% of the price?
#166913 - 04/14/05 10:11 AM Re: What is your opinion
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
It's a hard thing for me to have a definitive opinion on - because there are so many different circumstances and reasons behind leaving your home country. My mother's family didn't come here from Europe until 1930's, whereas my father's family has been here since 1700's. Having spent the greater part of my life in southern Arizona I can say that illegal immigration is a serious issue, and does have a negative effect on the economy and job market, locally and nationally. However, there are some places/countries that it is not necessarily possible or feasible to leave legally, so they don't have all the options available other than "sneaking" in. Whereas it does piss me off to see people who could have legally transferred citizenship to the US but chose to take the easy route of just crossing a border. Now those people have to hide their status and work under-the-table jobs and they complain? If they'd gone about it the right way then they wouldn't have to worry about it. I could go on and on, but that's the short of it, in my opinion.

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#166914 - 04/14/05 04:19 PM Re: What is your opinion
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
About trades and agreements, they are ok, but they are not designed for masses, but for big companies, and we (in Mexico) have masses of poor people. Yes everyone ust migrate in the legal ways but is not possible cause there are thousends of people trying to go to USA, and there are Americans that use this disadvantage to make a profit of it, cause they pay very very cheap the workhand, and is a symbiosis, ilegal, but there are 2 parts involved in it. is a very difficult social problem naturally caused for the money distribution.
About my opinion on what would i do if foreign people were living on my taxes, of course i wouldn't support that, i try to "walk on your shoes" and you have the reason but still think that hunting humans is not the "homo sapiens" solution.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#166915 - 04/20/05 05:02 PM Re: What is your opinion
TechMetalMan Offline
Loc: Houston
I am also part Mexican...my Mother is probably 85% hispanic (spanish, mexican) and the rest a mix of some native american and I think one of her great-great grandparents was Irish. My dad is white, english, scottish, irish. I am pretty sure on most of these.

Anyways, I think immigration is fine as long as it is legal and as long as the person is not expected to be to be a harmful part of society (which I would assume is part of getting in in the first place). I live in Texas and lots of people are illegal here in Houston...
#166916 - 04/21/05 05:42 AM Re: What is your opinion
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Well I may have a little different take on things being a Canadian,We own several houses here in Texas and I maintain a working crew between 4-6 men I hire mostly wetbacks because I find they will work very hard and complain very little,as a Canadian immigration is very easy all I require is a passport and I must cross an international border every 6 months unless I want to find employment which I do'nt,as far as Mexico I have been there a few times and I can see why many want to immigrate to the US it is a relatively poor country and most live in poverty,eg:on my last trip to MX. I was talking to a bartender on the subject of wages ,his wages for a week were 350 pesos for 5 -12hr days this would be about $35usd,do'nt be so quick to judge these immigrants wether legal or not most are hard working honest people just trying to get by,Chico.
#166917 - 04/21/05 08:42 AM Re: What is your opinion
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Chico:
I hire mostly wetbacks
The proper word to use here would be Mexicans.
thumbsup

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#166918 - 04/21/05 03:37 PM Re: What is your opinion
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
quote:
I hire mostly wetbacks
crazy

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#166919 - 04/21/05 04:43 PM Re: What is your opinion
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
withstupid

How ever what you are doing is wrong. Immigration is good but must be done legally. I'm not saying your illegals are bad people but it's situations like yours that increase the temptation to cross illegally and live off of our hard payed tax dollers.
#166920 - 04/21/05 05:17 PM Re: What is your opinion
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
I spot a general misconception ..

They may be earning "our money" and "stealing our jobs", but they still pay taxes, and let's think for a moment where that money is going. Mexico imports OUR goods, so most of that money is coming straight back into our economy.

Our economy needs a jumpstart, by the way. lol

Quote:
do'nt be so quick to judge these immigrants wether legal or not most are hard working honest people just trying to get by
I agree, even though sometimes that isn't so much the case. We've recently hired a crew of Mexican Americans where I work, and they've taken on the job of a completely new division in our company without a hitch. From what I've learned about the Mexican and South American culture, I've come to respect it. Culture may be changing though, probably because of us "damn kids". lol I do respect the deep feelings they generally have for family and tradition; it's what brings them here to work in the first place. laugh
#166921 - 04/21/05 06:25 PM Re: What is your opinion
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Um what taxes do they pay if they are being paid under the table? And when they come over illegally and have their baby in a US hospital who pays that? Definately not the illegal. I lived in a souther CA agriculture community for a few years and most of the people working the fields were there legally on work visas doing the same jobs only legally. There visas were good for six months at a time. When their visas were up they returned to their home and allowed one of their relatives to come over and work for six months. These familys were very happy with that arrangement.
#166922 - 04/21/05 06:34 PM Re: What is your opinion
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Austin G T P:
Quote:
[b] I hire mostly wetbacks
thumbsup [/b]
I just wanted to make sure no one was going to be offended by the term.
And I guess I should have used the term "Illegals", instead of Mexicans.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >