Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166923 - 04/21/05 06:45 PM Re: What is your opinion
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Um what taxes do they pay if they are being paid under the table? And when they come over illegally and have their baby in a US hospital who pays that? Definately not the illegal. I lived in a souther CA agriculture community for a few years and most of the people working the fields were there legally on work visas doing the same jobs only legally. There visas were good for six months at a time. When their visas were up they returned to their home and allowed one of their relatives to come over and work for six months. These familys were very happy with that arrangement.
Yep. Do some google searches. You will learn about hospitals and school in CA, AZ, and TX that are all being forced to close because so many illegals are coming into the country and using these resources without paying for them.
#166924 - 04/21/05 06:48 PM Re: What is your opinion
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Yep. Do some google searches. You will learn about hospitals and school in CA, AZ, and TX that are all being forced to close because so many illegals are coming into the country and using these resources without paying for them.
For some reason, I seriously doubt that's the ONLY reason they're being shut down. I know teachers get crap for pay, and a lot of them are unhappy, and I'm sure many of them quit or something along those lines. Also, I'm just as sure that the demographics have just as much to do with the shut down as anything else.

But um .. regardless of what we can argue here, it's still happening and we can only speculate. :p

(And that money is still coming back to our economy whether it's taxed or not.)
#166925 - 06/03/05 04:48 PM Re: What is your opinion
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Well this become very interesting, and i haven't realize it.

Anyway if you look a red GT all wet, trying to gear to 3d. and leaking coolant, please don't shoot!!! cheers

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#166926 - 06/04/05 07:43 AM Re: What is your opinion
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Let me explain a little ,the reason I hire illegals is because my labour force is day labour and my forman is a TEX MEX and the only workers available are usually illegals ,but as far as taxes I pay my forman as a contractor so I believe he would have to pay tax as such ,its not so much by choice as necessity that i use these people that said I still find them to be hard workers and since I do'nt speak spanish I do'nt hear a lot of complaints ,I do think that most of them would be legals but the immigration process for a lot of these people with little education is just too convaluted. Chico.