Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167639 - 03/05/05 10:19 PM Raced a subaru wagon tonight...
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
... but didn't want to. On my drive home (which is roughly 45 minutes long) there was an older subaru wagon in front of me for a good ten minutes, we both turned down my little country road. Not sure if the guys thought I was following them or what, but as soon as we get on this small road (speed limit 55 initially) they drop down to about 20-25mph and keep tapping their brakes and the passenger keeps looking back at me. I'm gritting my teeth and waiting for a passing zone, just can't bring myself to pass illegally, because these guys are looking for a race and I'm tired and just want to get home. Well, after they drop down to 10mph I can pass legally and proceed to... so predictably as soon as I'm next to them they floor it. I have no patience at this point, because if I get behind them they'll do the same crap. So, I decide to see what my car can do. I get back over, they slow down, than I go back into the passing lane and hammer
I was very impressed with how smoothly my car made it to about 106 before shutting down. laugh
Oh, and the subaru? After about fifteen seconds from "go" they were just a speck in my mirror.
So, guess it was a fun kill, but damn I just wanted to get home lol

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#167640 - 03/05/05 11:57 PM Re: Raced a subaru wagon tonight...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
when I first saw the post I thought you may have tangled with a WRX...that might have been a little tougher cuz those suckers will move.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#167641 - 03/06/05 12:27 AM Re: Raced a subaru wagon tonight...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Nice kill!
I had someone do the exact same thing to me when I had my Grand Am. We we're on the highway and they kept getting in front of me and slowing down. Nobody was around us but there was traffic behind us. I let him slow us down to about 30, I was watching the traffic in the rear view mirror. As soon as traffic got real close to us, I jumped over a lane and took off like a rocket. Traffic caught them and they were burried in the traffic, I was long gone.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#167642 - 03/06/05 08:34 AM Re: Raced a subaru wagon tonight...
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Quote:
when I first saw the post I thought you may have tangled with a WRX
Had that been the case the end result would have been much different devilgrin

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/