Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167643 - 11/14/06 08:43 PM "brian"
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
so where is this almighty "brian"? his last post was almost a year ago, and the year before he posted only a few times.
why does he shoot down almost anything we've ever asked for? (for sale, calendar, fix up the website, etc)
#167644 - 11/14/06 08:53 PM Re: "brian"
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
hey if hes the head hancho, hes has provided an awsome site that has been halpfull to most if not all of us.
He is god of this site so i wont complane devilsmile

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#167645 - 11/14/06 10:28 PM Re: "brian"
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Why no calendar? If we wanted to make one, we should be able to make one... that's our call. I don't understand why someone else who started this forum and maintains it can say yay or nay. That makes absolutely no sense..

'97 SE with alot of mods
#167646 - 11/14/06 10:40 PM Re: "brian"
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
I'm with drummerboy, but I guess brian holds the rights to "grandprix.net" and you have to get his approval in order to use the name. On the other hand if you dont use the GP.net name, then legally he has no say in the matter,not sure if he'd like people undermining his message board authority though.
#167647 - 11/14/06 10:53 PM Re: "brian"
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
OK well on the calenar issue, I understand Brians no answer to the calendar and its no problem I just can't use the sites name on the calendar. So I'm goign to make another thread on the calendar thing.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#167648 - 11/15/06 08:29 AM Re: "brian"
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by drummerboy1307:
I don't understand why someone else who started this forum and maintains it can say yay or nay.
Started and maintains, yep... that's Brian, the owner of this site.

Anyone is more than welcome to grab any pics they want from the GPN Photo Album. You are more than welcome to take those pics to www.cafepress.com or anywhere else your little heart desires to have a calendar made.
You may not sell the calendars on GPN, regardless of who's name appears on the calendar.

Brian does not allow sponsors to come here and push their products on us, therefore he has to look at the members of this site in the same manner. He can not allow a member to put a product together and sell it on his site.

I've dealt with Brian on many issues about this site and he has been more than helpful, and fair.
Regardless of anything else, he is the owner of this site and he does have a few simple rules that must be followed.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#167649 - 11/15/06 09:38 AM Re: "brian"
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:

Anyone is more than welcome to grab any pics they want from the GPN Photo Album. You are more than welcome to take those pics to www.cafepress.com or anywhere else your little heart desires to have a calendar made.
You may not sell the calendars on GPN, regardless of who's name appears on the calendar.

Brian does not allow sponsors to come here and push their products on us, therefore he has to look at the members of this site in the same manner. He can not allow a member to put a product together and sell it on his site.

I've dealt with Brian on many issues about this site and he has been more than helpful, and fair.
Regardless of anything else, he is the owner of this site and he does have a few simple rules that must be followed.
well put!

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#167650 - 11/15/06 10:10 AM Re: "brian"
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Quote:
[b] I don't understand why someone else who started this forum and maintains it can say yay or nay.

Regardless of anything else, he is the owner of this site and he does have a few simple rules that must be followed. [/b]
Good deal...sry about that Bobby.

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#167651 - 11/15/06 10:35 AM Re: "brian"
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
Quote:
Quote:
[b] I don't understand why someone else who started this forum and maintains it can say yay or nay.

Regardless of anything else, he is the owner of this site and he does have a few simple rules that must be followed. [/b]
what about the gp.net t-shirts & decals? Arent those products that have been put together by members?
#167652 - 11/15/06 12:52 PM Re: "brian"
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
what about the gp.net t-shirts & decals? Arent those products that have been put together by members?
Brian approved those.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#167653 - 11/17/06 02:10 PM Re: "brian"
drummerboy1307 Offline
Loc: Groton, CT
Odd, what is the difference between a shirt and a calendar. Both can/will carry the GP.net name, and will have an outside company involved. I'm not trying to cause a big flap, because I don't mind... I just don't really understand the logic of it. Seems weird to me what is and isn't allowed.

So sorry guys if I started something. Not the intent. This site rocks and it is amazingly helpful.

'97 SE with alot of mods
#167654 - 11/17/06 05:36 PM Re: "brian"
jjcom Offline
Loc: USA
I was wondering about it. Could Brian come by and comment in the thread? This is a great site and has helped me out several times already and I haven't even been here that long. I'm asking if he can come by since it can really help to have the admin or owner come and answer questions. (Being an admin of another site myself)
#167655 - 11/17/06 06:34 PM Re: "brian"
AustinGTP Offline
Anyone at anytime may contact Brian for any issues at all by using the link at the bottom of every page marked "Contact Us".

As far as the T-shirt and decals, those were something that T-bat and Chico discussed with Brian. I was not envolved in anything that went on with those agreements.
As far as I know, Brian may have decided after the T-shirts that would be it.