Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167707 - 05/23/06 12:18 PM oh happy day
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
last friday before I left for PA I was out "car grazing" (as I am prone to do) and I ran across a sweet looking 99 Firebird V6 convertible. I have posted here numerous times about how much I love Firebirds and how much trouble I have fitting into them. Maybe all the other ones I've looked at have been up-option models with fancy seats cuz this one was more low end with the basic cloth interior. It still had the power driverseat and much to my amazement, I sat down, moved the seat back, gave a notch or two of recline and viola! I was in! my knee was still only about a fingers width for the dash but at least it was clearance! I put the top down and headed out for a short drive as the 3800 under the hood gave its familiar growl...maybe the base seats without the lumbar supports are thin enough to let me back another inch or so...whatever it was, it made all the difference...a comfy position and a wide open drop top equalled just plain fun. I couldnt have been happier in a Ferrari. I'm still not in a position to buy one but at least I know that one for me is out there...and I'll be more than happy to own another car with a 3800 under the hood...btw, this would be a stablemate for the GP...the T-Bat isnt going anywhere cool

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#167708 - 05/23/06 01:34 PM Re: oh happy day
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I sure as hell dont have that problem fitting into cars! lol how tall are you?? 8'??