Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#167771 - 06/25/09 06:08 PM Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Not sure if you have seen the vids on Youtube, but a guy named Rome stood in as lead vocals for a concert in February. The rumor is that the band my re-form soon with him as permanent lead.

They are going to play on July 23rd in Long Beach where it all began....and I'M GOING!! Not only am I going, but I'm on the VIP list straight from Bud himself.

I just found out last night and booked my tickets. I'm going to try to take photos and video. I've been promised that I will get to meet the three of them and to bring swag to get autographed.

cheers
#167772 - 06/26/09 03:14 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I dunno if anyone can replace Brad....
#167773 - 06/26/09 08:23 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
I dunno if anyone can replace Brad....
No one can or will, so there isn't much point in trying to compare anyone to him. But this is the closest they have come so far IMO, and it's IN Long Beach which makes it that much cooler.
#167774 - 06/28/09 10:05 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
That would be really cool. Bradley is the face of Sublime, and cant be replaced, but I would love to see a reunion tour. Especially if I could make it out to LBC, lucky you! Thanks for the info!
#167775 - 06/28/09 11:27 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
That would be really cool. Bradley is the face of Sublime, and cant be replaced, but I would love to see a reunion tour. Especially if I could make it out to LBC, lucky you! Thanks for the info!
I'm just excited about the chance to meet Eric and Bud. It was Bud's girlfriend who got me on the VIP list. cheers

I'm Facebook friends with Opie now and I'm hoping to see him and Marshall there. Maybe even Troy. There was a new video on youtube of Troy with her and Brad's son Jakob. He just turned 14!! Time flies.
#167776 - 06/29/09 06:00 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
ordonez1307 Offline
14... holy crap... it seems like he was a baby like 4 years ago. lol
#167777 - 06/30/09 04:17 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I wish I could go! Road trip for the new Goat, but I have a friend in town that week. And soooo broke from all this car stuff.
#167778 - 08/31/09 11:40 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
UMfan Offline
Bumpity Bump

Check out who joined the SmokeOut Festival...(hint, right hand side).

http://www.guerillaunion.com/smokeout/

Yep, it appears they got all the legalities worked out and they are keeping the sublime name. It's official!

Now, if only I had the cash to fly back down there next month. frown

EDIT:
Realized I never shared photos from my trip to Long Beach. Here's me with Bud and his wife (blanked out the other lady's face...she didn't want to be plastered on the internet. For those that don't know Bud is/was the drummer for Sublime. He's badass. I've got photos hanging out in his tour bus too. Nice guy.

Me with Rome and his girlfriend Kat. They are both solo artists, but he's the new lead singer for sublime. Also very cool people.

They Bud played with his band Del Mar that night and Rome and Kat played their solo stuff, but they brought down the house at the end with an encore version of Ebin. Wish his solo came out better on the video, and the crowd noise is so quiet...but it was ROCKIN in there that night. I was filming from the back, but this video was much better quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cRuDg9suZI
#167779 - 09/01/09 12:13 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
ordonez1307 Offline
I really hope that there is a freakin' tour. It probably won't be the same, but it will be an opportunity to see Sublime.

On a side note, I see that Deftones is listed in the line-up... isn't one of their guys in a coma?
#167780 - 09/01/09 12:29 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
UMfan Offline
Quote:
I really hope that there is a freakin' tour. It probably won't be the same, but it will be an opportunity to see Sublime.

On a side note, I see that Deftones is listed in the line-up... isn't one of their guys in a coma?
I labeled it wrong...it's not a "tour"...it's just a huge 2 day music fest.

I don't know about the Deftones. I haven't listened to them since Adrenalin came out.
#167781 - 09/01/09 07:17 PM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
Quote:
[b] I really hope that there is a freakin' tour. It probably won't be the same, but it will be an opportunity to see Sublime.

I labeled it wrong...it's not a "tour"...it's just a huge 2 day music fest.

I don't know about the Deftones. I haven't listened to them since Adrenalin came out. [/b]
lol. I was a bit vague in my statement too. I poked around a bit on some websites, and the sites said that they are debating on touring. I guess this one event might determine if they go on tour.
#167782 - 10/28/09 02:54 AM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
UMfan Offline
Hey guys. Last time I bump this I promise.

In case you didn't know Sublime FINALLY reunited and played last Saturday at the Smoke Out Festival as stated above.

You can view videos on Youtube if you search for "Sublime Smoke Out". For any sublime fans, it would be great if you could post some comments on your thoughts at their myspace page (www.myspace.com/wearesublime) or in the youtube video themselves.

We are trying to collect fan responses (positive and negative)
#167783 - 10/28/09 11:43 AM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
ordonez1307 Offline
People seem to hate it, but I kinda like it.
#167784 - 10/29/09 02:10 AM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
UMfan Offline
Quote:
People seem to hate it, but I kinda like it.
Overall the reviews were really good for people who went, and for the videos in general at first. I think the people that dislike it are just more vocal and they have only seen the videos, not the live performance.

The facebook group I started was actually mentioned in the Wall Street Journal today which was pretty cool.
#167785 - 10/29/09 11:06 AM Re: Hey Ordonez (related to Sublime)
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
Quote:
[b] People seem to hate it, but I kinda like it.
Overall the reviews were really good for people who went, and for the videos in general at first. I think the people that dislike it are just more vocal and they have only seen the videos, not the live performance.

The facebook group I started was actually mentioned in the Wall Street Journal today which was pretty cool. [/b]
That's pretty cool man! Do you have a link to the page? I'll join up and send the link to friends.