Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168282 - 06/03/08 12:14 AM I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I was sitting in the parking lot where shoppers grocery store is and next thing I know I heard a big bang. I look up and seen a 2000-2003 lincoln continental car crash into the light pole in the parking lot.(it was a nice car too) He was cutting accross the parking lot instead of going straight like he was suppose to and he didn't see the light pole(the ones that have a cement wall on the bottom of the light pole.) and smack right into it.

So I drove over there to see if he was alright but nobody was in there. So I look around and seen the guy walking in circles because the crash shook him. His car wasn't damaged that bad since he wasn't probably going no more than 10mph but his airbags went off, front bumper and hood destroyed as well as his radiator. The guy wasn't injured but he was so terrified of the accident that I stayed until the police arrived.

So for anybody that cuts across parking lots, don't do it especially at night althought I know its not hard to spot them but this is a example of why not to do this type of thing.
#168283 - 06/03/08 12:18 AM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
20gtp02 Offline
I do it, but I pay alot of attention. I pushed carts at Home Depot, and I saw people do that all the time. It ticked me off, plus was huge safety concern while I brought in carts.
It is dangerous. And I bet that guy was shook up, goes with the saying "He didn't know what hit him!"
A couple months back, doing yard work with buddy at his parents house. Just came out of house from getting some fluids, and see this dude heading straight for my buddies grandma's car. He smacks right into it doing 25-30.
Then he proceeds to leave, I was going to chacse him in my car, but he stopped at a driveway down the street. Said he saw a cat, but he wasn't paying attention, on the phone or lighting his cigarette. He told police cat ran out, so what. He still hit the car.
So she had her rear bumper smashed in. The insurance company totalled the car. I was like no way for what I saw in damages, but they did.

#168284 - 06/03/08 12:34 AM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
lol first you say not alot of damage was done, but the bumper, hood and rad. are destroyed haha, yeah not allot of dammage.
#168285 - 06/03/08 01:13 AM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
It doesn't take much to destroy a bumper or hood... radiator takes some effort.

I've seen a car get T-boned in front of my while crossing traffic (trunk flew open and papers went everywhere, no one was hurt). I've also seen a guy in a truck doing donuts in a parking lot in the snow and smack the side of his bed into one of those poles. About a year ago I saw someone back out of a parking space and hit a car behind them. It happened again in the exact same spot last week.

People are never paying attention and those too lazy to use proper lanes/not cut across parking lots are one of the main culprits.
#168286 - 06/03/08 09:16 AM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
when i was working for a store down here bagging groceries and collecting carts i saw two vehicles back into each other one was a lifted F150 and the other was a cougar if the truck would have done anything different then what he did his trailer hitch would have hit the baby in the car in the head as it was he missed it by about 2 inches.

#168287 - 06/03/08 04:06 PM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
Yea I saw an accident a couple weeks ago. A buddy and I were sitting at a light in his Celica and this guy in a grand prix goes since his light turned green and out of no where a dodge neon comes rolling through the red light and gets nail by the prix and thrown into the Friendlys parking lot. I went and helped the grand prix guy smile Only damage on his car was the bumper flew off.

#168288 - 06/03/08 06:22 PM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
Year ago, I saw accident when I'm on right turn lane only. When the traffic light went green for RIGHT turn only. I'm about ready to go right but something flying by my left side. The girl's car have green left turn signal. This guy might be on phone or whatever. He thought he has green light but it is really right turn signal green light only. The girl's car didn't look both way and thought she has green light so she floor it fast and accident happen. She hit the guy's car on right side. When the air bag blown out. She bang her steering wheel and yelling/crying that her car is totally totaled. The girl's hood and bumper are crushed badly. Poor girl. The guy got 2 right doors smashed. I was about stop and help her but people who witness accident on sidewalk help her so I'm heading my way. I don't remember what kind of model since it was year ago. That's my first time for saw that accident. Hopefully, it is will be my last one. Accident is not fun. It is kind scary to witness that.
#168289 - 06/03/08 11:26 PM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
lol first you say not alot of damage was done, but the bumper, hood and rad. are destroyed haha, yeah not allot of dammage.
Well since you want to be a smarty pants, what I meant was from my view it wasn't alot of damage done until I went over there to help the guy then I seen the damage that was done. But really its not as bad of a damage since none of the suspension parts where damage or none of the wheels were crack since it was a head on collision with a cement pole. :rolleyes:
#168290 - 06/03/08 11:39 PM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
i just saw one a few weeks ago... i'm sitting getting ready to turn right into the mall... but my light turns red and the other directions turn green so i sit and wait... this maroon silverado starts to go so i turn and look the other direction and all of a sudden i hear this BOOM... and i look and the silverado is sideways and this little green car is past it about 15 feet on the side of the road... he never stopped at the red light...

i would have stayed but i had to go to work and there was 15 people sitting at the light with me...

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#168291 - 06/04/08 02:49 AM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I bet none of them stopped either. It's amazing how few people will stop. I make it a point to stop and help, be it a wreck or a stalled car. A while back, one of the motorcycle cops in town told me that someone pulled out in front of him once, and then, since the light was yellow (not red, but there was a cop behind him), he slammed on his brakes. The motorcycle officer swerved around him, and laid his bike down through the intersection. Stopped a few inches from some woman's car on the other side, and when he jumped up, he scared the crap out of her. lol He said, though, that not a single person stopped to make sure he was ok, or even called 911. A few days later at church, one of the guys said he'd seen the accident, and was surprised to see him ok & in church. (And yet he didn't stop to help!)

Most people today are too selfish, and in a hurry to get nowhere. I was riding shotgun in my friend's Nissan Frontier one day, when we came across a Mustang sitting in the center lane of the service road for the freeway. We stopped behind him, to make sure he was ok, and we didn't stop quickly, there was plenty of time for people to see us. A few seconds later, before we could get out, some woman slammed into the back of us at ~50mph. Never slowed down, and ran her car up under his truck. FIVE minutes later, she gets out of her car and asked if we knew what happened. It then took 20 minutes for any police or ambulance to show up. As it turns out, the Mustang was out of gas, and the moron was just sitting in his car not doing anything about it. In the middle of the road! mad Both my friend and I believe we were put there for a reason - if that car had hit the Mustang and not us, it wouldn't have simple gone under it and bent the bumper (and minor frame damage) like it did my friend's truck. It would have been much worse.
#168292 - 06/04/08 11:03 AM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
GP GT GUY Offline
Loc: Indianapolis
ya... well it's better that he stayed in the car because if he tries to get out then get hit he'd be dead... so you just have to stay in the car...

2000 GP GT 20's, altezzas, clears, F/M super 44's, some little blue L.E.D.s

#168293 - 06/04/08 11:09 AM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Depends where you are at. If you are able to pull completely off the road and shoulder, I think staying in your vehicle until AAA shows up is okay. If you're in the middle of the road, you need to get the hell out of there before a semi comes...
#168294 - 06/04/08 11:16 AM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
I would like to stop and witness empty gas rustang with no one on this car get crush by semi. laugh
#168295 - 06/04/08 03:08 PM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
Depends where you are at. If you are able to pull completely off the road and shoulder, I think staying in your vehicle until AAA shows up is okay. If you're in the middle of the road, you need to get the hell out of there before a semi comes...
Exactly. And he was sitting in the middle of the road. He should have gotten out of his car, and gotten on the shoulder. Not to mention, while it was coasting, he should have moved over. But the woman that hit us was a prime example as to why he should have gotten out. I doubt he would have been killed if she hit him, but his car would have been totaled and he definitely would be hurt.
#168296 - 06/04/08 04:34 PM Re: I saw a accident right in front of my eyes.
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
State law in KY is to move vehicles off the highway unless there are injuries.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >