Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#168744 - 10/31/06 08:34 AM Re: Theory on the Current Muscle Car Craze
Kansas GXP Offline
Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Quote:
Originally posted by pedal down:
i say its all these theories put together.
I agree.

And oh yea, ever since I was given my '72 skylark GS, I have had the itch. devilgrin
#168745 - 10/31/06 06:15 PM Re: Theory on the Current Muscle Car Craze
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
I'm wondering about how muscle cars made it to the mainstream. Before we had the firebird and camaro w/ a good amount of power but they had crappy sells.

From the replies, I think it is mostly due to the baby boomers now retiring. With the extra free time comes time to reminisce. Reminisce means buying the car you had/ wished you had as a teen, which is what most of these new muscle car shows are about. Up the demand = up the price.

F&F mostly showed 4 cyl tuner cars so I don't think that inspired v8 only muscle cars. F&F and movies like it do encourage the aftermarket. I think the 4 cyl tuner market will keep growing. The concept sounds great (on paper) as 4 cyl cars have very cheap insurance, lightweight, and great mpg in comparison to old v8s. Problem is some of the aftermarket parts are overpriced and pointless.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#168746 - 11/02/06 12:02 AM Re: Theory on the Current Muscle Car Craze
snowrider900 Offline
Loc: Owatonna mn
well with all the new technoligy, they can bring back the hp with out the driver actually watching the gas gague go down, and i have to see the two, GTO's at the dealer by my house...everyday...just sitting there, calling me, as for the ricers...there still putting scaffolding on the back of them in my town, i cant wait till that fad is done! and the big can mufflers?? lets get real here!! that doesent sound good!!!, and as for the itch, i think i was also born with it, nothing like hearing and feeling a well built big block, and smelling that 110 burning!!...Just my thoughts thumbsup