Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169064 - 03/06/06 10:27 AM BLAST! cog belt stripped out...
zuulmusic Offline
Loc: Cleveland, OH
On the way to school this morning the cog belt driving my supercharger (CSC) stripped out. Was going moderate accel on the highway and noticed a wooshing sound. After getting off, gave it some heavy throttle and she still pulled hard like normal, but I smelled rubber. When I parked I looked at the belts and sure enough the small SC cog belt (that connects the drive shafty thing to the SC itself) was partially stripped out, and the rest of the humps in the belt are loose.

Making some calls today and gunna see if I can find a local shop that carries that belt.
frown
#169065 - 03/06/06 04:55 PM Re: BLAST! cog belt stripped out...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Dohh!!!
#169066 - 03/08/06 12:06 AM Re: BLAST! cog belt stripped out...
zuulmusic Offline
Man, nobody has those cog belts. Except Matt from Stattama, so I ordered a couple from him.

Driving around without the SC is sure different! Just goes to show how well the CSC helps out even when I'm not jettin around!
#169067 - 03/08/06 10:26 AM Re: BLAST! cog belt stripped out...
zuulmusic Offline
I have absolutely 0 KR and the car seems peppier than before without the supercharger. Could it be the DHP?

Now that I think about it, its probably because the PCM learned to lower spark timing with the supercharger running, and it'll take some time for it to climb back up to where it will cause some KR in n/a mode.

And perhaps its 'peppier' than my former n/a state because of the injector upgrades and DHP-ness.

I just found that interesting.
#169068 - 03/08/06 02:38 PM Re: BLAST! cog belt stripped out...
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
this sounds like one of those nightmares where you aorder something and you get the dreaded "that will be 6 to 8 weeks"
banghead

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#169069 - 03/08/06 08:46 PM Re: BLAST! cog belt stripped out...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
I have absolutely 0 KR and the car seems peppier than before without the supercharger. Could it be the DHP?

Now that I think about it, its probably because the PCM learned to lower spark timing with the supercharger running, and it'll take some time for it to climb back up to where it will cause some KR in n/a mode.

And perhaps its 'peppier' than my former n/a state because of the injector upgrades and DHP-ness.

I just found that interesting.
Are you saying you scanned it without the S/C spinning?

If so I'd hope you'd have 0 KR. Your only running something in the neighborhood of 8.1:1 CR. The L36s are in the 9s.
#169070 - 03/08/06 10:34 PM Re: BLAST! cog belt stripped out...
zuulmusic Offline
same car.... still the GT... ol L36.... csc....

Stock I had a about 4-5 deg KR on 91.
Intense PCM / intake / tstat I had about 5-6 KR on 93.

I'm still workin on getting a good tune with the CSC, but initially I saw 11 deg KR before I richened it up jawdrop
I think I'm back under 5... but still haven't given the PCM enough time to get used to everything, and will be longer now with the cog belt off a few days.
A little exhaust work a a tad richer on the WOT, and hopefully I'll be dang close to 0 KR.
#169071 - 03/09/06 04:58 PM Re: BLAST! cog belt stripped out...
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Sorry to hear the belt went. I hope that won't be a common problem. If so, they need to upgrade the quality.

The combo of Bigger Injectors + computer that knows what to do with them is known to give a car a better throttle response. That is probably where the pep comes from.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#169072 - 03/11/06 09:26 PM Re: BLAST! cog belt stripped out...
zuulmusic Offline
I got the new ones a couple days ago. Matt from Stattama is cool, and ships FAST. Got them like 40 hours from my order.
So the new belts are kinda thicker, and I pulled on the SC hard when tightening the bolts, so the belt is tighter. All seems great, but now I get some funny noise under heavy accel at low speeds confused I cant figure it out.

And the belts smell like weed. Sometimes even smell it outside of the car. Can't wait till I get pulled over and a cops like "hmmm wacha smokin in there?"