Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169119 - 03/20/05 02:10 PM Steering Wheel Controls With Non-Stock Stereo?
Scott Lombard Offline
Loc: Carver Mass
banghead I have a 1995 Grand Prix with the Stereo Steering Wheel Controls. I was wondering if the controls would still work with a non stock Deck. I have a Pioneer CD Deck and was hoping to be able to still use the controls... If you have any information on how to do this, Contact me at ScottDLombard@aol.com
#169120 - 03/20/05 02:49 PM Re: Steering Wheel Controls With Non-Stock Stereo?
KyleGT Offline
Loc: Madison, WI
You'd have to buy an adapter that hooks up to the controls, then is wired back up to by your domelight, then theres a little infrared light thing (like on a remote control) that mounts up there. So your steering wheel controls would be like a remote control.

The stereo I'm getting put in tomorrow has an input in the back for steering wheel controls. (I think most Eclipse ones have that)

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
#169121 - 03/21/05 06:40 AM Re: Steering Wheel Controls With Non-Stock Stereo?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Get intouch with Crutchfield They'll let you know exactly what you need. iirc for the stearing wheel controls to work the aftermarket HU needs to be remote compatable. The GP store sells the modules needed to make it work.