Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169346 - 03/24/10 01:28 PM I'm getting tint saturday.
Dre da GP man Offline
Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Well I know the law says in Virginia that 35% is the legal tint limit. I want 20% because the 35% is not dark enought, its like there is no tint on the car. People I know have 5% and they been fine for 3-4 years with no problems at all but where I live fairfax county is a pita. But I guess I'm asking if anybody have 20% and let me know how many times you been pulled over.
#169347 - 03/24/10 03:56 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
ChiTownHitta90 Offline
Loc: Chicago, Illinois
I had 15% on all windows and the legal limit used to be no tint allowed on front windows at all. I went probably two years before i took them off. I got 3 tickets before i took them off. YOU WILL GET A TICKET... lol it is going to happen. but it does look good. Just know that you will be pulled over just a matter of when
#169348 - 03/24/10 04:35 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Asking if someone has been pulled over for tint and they're not in your area is a relatively useless question. Every city is different as to whether they enforce it or not. Here, cops could care less and they'll just use it as a another charge if you get caught for something.

How they react where you live? No idea.
#169349 - 03/24/10 04:41 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
35% I use to have on my front windows, it is relatively dark and cant really allow you to see in that much depending on what kind you get and how reflective it is. If it was legal in my state I'd rock that instead of going illegal. 70% here in Iowa, which is basically equivalent to a dirty window, so no tint legal in front.

If you are going to get lower then 35% tint you mine as well go for 5%. Below 35% you can start to really see a vehicle has dark tinted windows and will get you pulled over, so why not enjoy the 15 or 5% instead?

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#169350 - 03/24/10 04:44 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
Lol that reminded me of how dirty I used to keep my license plate on purpose.

If they're on a tint hunt our screwed but that rarely happens. Like rook said each city is diff and each cop is different.

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#169351 - 03/24/10 04:47 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGT:
Lol that reminded me of how dirty I used to keep my license plate on purpose.

If they're on a tint hunt our screwed but that rarely happens. Like rook said each city is diff and each cop is different.
I know that within different states the cops are different, but I've noticed a pattern between Minnesota/Iowa/Missouri that the only people who will pull you over is State Troopers for tint, the local cops do not care even if you are pulled over for a violation. Keep an eye out for the pesky troopers.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#169352 - 03/24/10 05:01 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
Dre da GP man Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:
Asking if someone has been pulled over for tint and they're not in your area is a relatively useless question. Every city is different as to whether they enforce it or not. Here, cops could care less and they'll just use it as a another charge if you get caught for something.

Long time since we heard from you, how you doing.

Well I just wanted to get an idea of how many times people got pulled over and I ask my boss and he said he was pulled over twice in 5 year span and he said that each time he got a ticket he found another car same as his with no tint and took a picture of that car and told the judge he took the tint off, but I'm not doing that.

No I don't want 5% because I know for sure I will get pulled over, I need to see at night because of the deers and stuff where i live at. The other night I was backing my car out of the parking space and I seen a liter of deer crossing behind me.
#169353 - 03/24/10 05:03 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
Dre da GP man Offline
The legal tint number in Virginia is 35% back windows and 50% front windows. There are alot of my friends with cars here with 5% and alot of them don't get pulled over here.
#169354 - 03/24/10 05:06 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
ChrisGT Offline
Loc: Cranston, RI
You guys really need to make friends in the force. Or date the Sgt's daughter for a while wink lol

04 GTO M6 | HE SS Clutch | Kooks LT's | SLP LM2 | K&N
Soon: APS TT kit wink

SOLD \/
01 GT | STr5 cam | PT-67 | 18-22psi

#169355 - 03/24/10 05:24 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisGT:
[b] Lol that reminded me of how dirty I used to keep my license plate on purpose.

I know that within different states the cops are different, but I've noticed a pattern between Minnesota/Iowa/Missouri that the only people who will pull you over is State Troopers for tint, the local cops do not care even if you are pulled over for a violation. Keep an eye out for the pesky troopers. [/b]
Not necessarily true in small towns. Marion for example loves to pull over people with front window tint.
#169356 - 03/25/10 12:09 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
redgtman Offline
Loc: fort wayne, in
wow ive never been pulled over for my tint! ive lived in 2 different places one was a military base with the out skirts of clarksville! and now back to my home town! fort wayne indiana isnt to bad i have 15% for the past 4 years and not one look or anything
#169357 - 03/29/10 02:28 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
Dre da GP man Offline
Well I got 35% up front and 20% in the back. The 35% is kinda dark and I'm glad I did not do 20% in the front. I've went pass a few cops and nothing happen althought its dark as hell in the back windows. If you stand behind the back windshield, you can see my onstar lights on the mirror and the dash lights so I should not have a problem.

Its just far away you can't see anything until you get close. I've even pass a state trooper on a residential area and he did not do anything.

But there was this one cop that keep putting on his break lights when he pass me.LOL Then later I notice a cop sitting in the parking lot so I decided to not go in early.
#169358 - 03/29/10 03:52 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
Zalfrin Offline
pics?
#169359 - 03/29/10 04:15 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
theone2043 Offline
Loc: Pocono, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by RooK:

Ummm when did you come back? haha Hows the car man?

I think the tint really depends on the color of your car. The darker the car the more the tint appears to be darker. I think my state is supposed to be 75%, but not sure excatly. I have had 15% on the back and 20% on the doors, have not been busted once.

#169360 - 03/29/10 04:18 PM Re: I'm getting tint saturday.
Zalfrin Offline
How much did that MS Paint yellow squiggly line cost you? wink