Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169402 - 10/08/08 03:19 AM Re: new item avab
StreetShaker Offline
Loc: Tyrone, Central PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Outrunning a cop isn't terribly difficult if you have a powerful car that you know how to handle, especially if the cop is driving a slow *** Crown Vic. However, like Boosten said, it's outrunning the cops radio that's a problem.

And Chico, I think the police Impalas have V8s in them.
No, the 5.0 Impalas have either the 3800 Series 3 N/A or the newer ones have the 3900. I vinyled up a police car about 2 months ago. My g/f's mother is the law....

The Chargers are the only new cop cars with V-8's. They have 2 of them where I lived. The Chargers are unbelievably slow! I see them trying to "hot rod" there way to calls. I just laugh quietly to myself...

"Mr. Mom"
#169403 - 10/08/08 04:24 AM Re: new item avab
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Seriously? Well, that's lame. Then again, a V6 Impala isn't nearly as bad as a Malibu police car. LMFAO!
#169404 - 10/08/08 09:29 AM Re: new item avab
Richard Candelario Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:
Oh don't forgot you can't run away chopper wink

Oh that stolen corvette in Arizona
1) "Sir, this is an AirStar, not an Apache!!!"
-Gone in 60 Seconds

2) the Vette in Az didnt get ripped in half, he clipped the semi, spun into the dirt, flipped several times. That flipping caused the fiberglass to fall apart. Also bear in mind that the Vette was stolen, so the driver (as evidenced in the video) really had no idea what he was doing in that supercar to begin with.

It all comes back to vehicle knowledge and experience, driving experience, and a large amount of retardation to run from the cops and make your life that much more miserable. Speeding ticket: not that bad. Evading arrest: really really not good.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#169405 - 10/08/08 11:02 AM Re: new item avab
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by gteisele:
dumb....no one is trying to outrun a cop with a FWD car
seriously? what a dumb statement. Since its FWD, it cant be faster than a crown vic. :rolleyes:
#169406 - 10/08/08 11:28 AM Re: new item avab
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
It has been while when I used watch police chase video on Fox. It was like 6 years ago. wink
#169407 - 10/08/08 12:47 PM Re: new item avab
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:

It all comes back to vehicle knowledge and experience, driving experience, and a large amount of retardation to run from the cops and make your life that much more miserable. Speeding ticket: not that bad. Evading arrest: really really not good.
I knew a guy with a red 'Vette once, who thought he was above the law. Got his license suspended for driving 140mph while drunk with swapped plates. Then he was caught driving while under suspension, resisted arrest (one against 5 LEOs, really bad idea) and went to prison for awhile. Suffice it to say he came out a lot more humble than when he went in... wink
#169408 - 10/08/08 01:05 PM Re: new item avab
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
he also drops a deuce while standing up now.
#169409 - 10/08/08 02:52 PM Re: new item avab
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by palsut:
It has been while when I used watch police chase video on Fox. It was like 6 years ago. wink
Man, I still watch those shows frequently. I love police chase shows.

And ordonez, I know you were being sarcastic, but just in case anyone is wondering, my buddy has a Crown Vic - and yes, it's slower than a Grand Prix GTP. lol I mean, a V8 engine in a car that weighs 4057lbs, and it only puts out 224hp? That's AWFUL.

My favorite police chase of all time though: Link
#169410 - 10/08/08 03:18 PM Re: new item avab
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
We have a Police Department with 2 chargers and a 70's vette up here...

#169411 - 10/08/08 03:33 PM Re: new item avab
gteisele Offline
Loc: New Jersey
dumb....no one is trying to outrun a cop with a FWD car
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seriously? what a dumb statement. Since its FWD, it cant be faster than a crown vic.

No it isn't....i was talking more about handling not speed....Even though you can't outrun a radio someone in a very fast AWD evo (my unintelligent friend) passing a cop doing 120 can easily get up to 160 (yes talking about speed now) and get off at the next exit hitting it a lot faster then an impala (my main point: handling) and manage to get away.......................try hitting an offramp at high speeds in a gp and let me know if your front end doesn't give way..................MAIN MAIN point = dont try to outrun a cop in general
(99 GT),K&N 9" intake,ZZP HV TB(68mm), ZZP PCM,ZZP front powerlog, HV3 intake manifold spacer, 3" DP to SLP exhaust,Comp Cam 801 and springs, MSD ignition,Voltage Booster,black housing headlights with HID kit and halos
#169412 - 10/08/08 03:34 PM Re: new item avab
gteisele Offline
and that mechanism just flips down.....does nothing for appearance purposes....(I've only seen them in serious street racing cars)
(99 GT),K&N 9" intake,ZZP HV TB(68mm), ZZP PCM,ZZP front powerlog, HV3 intake manifold spacer, 3" DP to SLP exhaust,Comp Cam 801 and springs, MSD ignition,Voltage Booster,black housing headlights with HID kit and halos
#169413 - 10/08/08 03:36 PM Re: new item avab
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Rear end won't give way the car will understeer something fierce and slide right off the backside of the turn.

I bet the Stig could take a GP SE and out run a cop mono e mono.
#169414 - 10/08/08 03:39 PM Re: new item avab
gteisele Offline
corrected: front...........Stig?
#169415 - 10/08/08 03:58 PM Re: new item avab
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
corrected: front...........Stig?
You don't know who the Stig is?

Some say he had his eyebrows surgically removed to improve aerodynamics. He loves to listen to classic american music. All we know is he's called the Stig.

Do a google. He's the test driver for the BBC show Top Gear. BBC won't reveal his identity but the man is a beast behind the wheel of a car. He knows how to get the most out of one.
#169416 - 10/08/08 04:29 PM Re: new item avab
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Rear end won't give way the car will understeer something fierce and slide right off the backside of the turn.

I bet the Stig could take a GP SE and out run a cop mono e mono.
Dude, that would be AWESOME!! I would pay serious money to see that... lol
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >