Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169567 - 05/13/08 11:41 AM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
8.97 w/ a 2.3 reaction time...
#169568 - 05/13/08 12:06 PM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Could you imagine the publicity Pinks would bring to the GP world? FWD cars battle while runnin low 9s and high 8s.

I bet the show would do an episode. I bet the hardest part would be getting the two to agree to compete against eachother.
Especially for pink slips...lol But man, WHAT AN EPISODE it would be! cheers Unless ZZP lost...

r.s.hutchinson, if you look at hard-core dragsters going for E.T, a lot of them sit there for a second. My guess as to why that is is so they can make sure the RPMs are at the perfect level, so they can launch perfect. Someone with my knowledge on the subject chime in.

And if you look at Intense's time slip, I think they red-lighted.
#169569 - 05/13/08 12:21 PM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
r.s.hutchinson, if you look at hard-core dragsters going for E.T, a lot of them sit there for a second. My guess as to why that is is so they can make sure the RPMs are at the perfect level, so they can launch perfect. Someone with my knowledge on the subject chime in.

And if you look at Intense's time slip, I think they red-lighted.
Why wouldn't they make sure the RPM's are right while the christmas tree is still lighting up? Idk, I just don't think that is right.
#169570 - 05/13/08 12:42 PM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
Acefighter Offline
I've raced at the strip, and definitely not in a real drag car, so I'm going to wait until someone else can explain it. lol
#169571 - 05/13/08 12:47 PM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Quote:
I've raced at the strip, and definitely not in a real drag car, so I'm going to wait until someone else can explain it. lol
lol i'm not arguing or calling you a liar or anything at all hah, i'm just saying it doesn't really make any sense. You'd think they would have that all practiced and have it done before it turns green.
#169572 - 05/13/08 05:41 PM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
20gtp02 Offline
I just figured this out at the track and with the help of a more knowlegdeable buddy.
Reaction time has nothing to do with your ET time, it's only good for bracket racing, if you redlight you lose!
Basically the clock starts once your car starts moving, so reaction time has nothing to do with the clock timing. It just calculates exactly when you leave and when you end, nothing to do
with when you leave compared to the lights.

And Acefighter, can you explain to me what you are trying to show from the 3800pro forum. I am not a member and only see page one, and I don't feel like becoming another member on another forum. Thanks.

EDIT: I signed up anyways. 9 minus 4 = 5!

Is there any pics of Inteses car, like Matt M showed of the TTGT that ran 8s, all the great shots!

#169573 - 05/13/08 08:43 PM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
crimpton Offline
Loc: Portland Or.
Yes, 20gtp has it right. Your RT has nothing to do with your ET. If you are looking for a PB ET your RT doesn't really matter. Ace is right. It's not unusual for someone looking for their best run to sit at the light for a couple of seconds to make sure everything is dialed in.

RT only has it's place in 3 ways...
1. If you're looking for a perfect light(.000)
2. If you're racing Heads Up.
3. If your Bracket Racing.

Like I said... RT means nothing if you're racing against noone.

http://pdxcgp.com
#169574 - 05/14/08 02:21 AM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
Acefighter Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
Quote:
[b] I've raced at the strip, and definitely not in a real drag car, so I'm going to wait until someone else can explain it. lol
lol i'm not arguing or calling you a liar or anything at all hah, i'm just saying it doesn't really make any sense. You'd think they would have that all practiced and have it done before it turns green. [/b]
No, I know, it's cool. I was just voicing a theory, but I really didn't know. I didn't think you were attacking or anything. :p
#169575 - 05/14/08 03:31 AM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
It's as simple as this: You don't want to botch the launch just because you were rushing to keep up with the tree.
#169576 - 05/14/08 05:29 AM Re: ZZP does it with TT!!!!
Acefighter Offline
Ah, nicely put Rook.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2