Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#169692 - 07/02/10 07:57 PM Recovery Album
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Has anyone bought the new Eminem album, Recovery? I'm not a HUGE fan of rap, but i've always been a big fan of his growin' up. I think this might just be his best album to date, at least on the same level as The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show. I've been jammin' to it all day long.

#169693 - 07/03/10 01:24 AM Re: Recovery Album
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
I love it. Had it going all day as well.
#169694 - 07/04/10 02:20 AM Re: Recovery Album
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Yeah I like it. It's one of his best in awhile.

I am disappointed by the guest appearances on the album though. I expected more from those ones..I think I like the one with Pink the best and I did not expect that when I bought the album.

Cold Wind Blows is awesome.
#169695 - 07/04/10 02:11 PM Re: Recovery Album
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
yeah the whole CD rocks! Im so happy i got it when it leaked smile

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#169696 - 07/04/10 07:11 PM Re: Recovery Album
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by 2fast4u:
yeah the whole CD rocks! Im so happy i got it when it leaked smile
Torrents?

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#169697 - 07/04/10 11:31 PM Re: Recovery Album
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
Quote:
[b] yeah the whole CD rocks! Im so happy i got it when it leaked smile
Torrents? [/b]
No one uses Torrents, i mean come on who steals music :rolleyes: everyone buys their CD's legit..

okay i lied, i got my copy from Torrents crazy
#169698 - 07/04/10 11:50 PM Re: Recovery Album
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Quote:
Originally posted by BoostenGTP02:
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
[b]
Quote:
[b] yeah the whole CD rocks! Im so happy i got it when it leaked smile
Torrents? [/b]
No one uses Torrents, i mean come on who steals music :rolleyes: everyone buys their CD's legit..

okay i lied, i got my copy from Torrents crazy [/b]
lol reported.

But on a side note, jk. crazy

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#169699 - 07/05/10 07:32 PM Re: Recovery Album
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
I am disappointed by the guest appearances on the album though. I expected more from those ones..I think I like the one with Pink the best and I did not expect that when I bought the album.

Really? I thought they were pretty good. I really like No Love feat. Lil Wayne. I can see I Love The Way You Lie feat. Rihanna being a big hit on the charts though.

I agree with you on Cold Wind Blows, I think my favorites are Space Bound (because I can relate to the lyrics) and 25 To Life (Like the beat and lyrics).

But honestly it's hard to pick favorites on this CD because I like them all... except Your Never Over (It's a good song to tribute his best friend Proof, but I just don't dig it as a song)

#169700 - 07/06/10 10:33 AM Re: Recovery Album
UMfan Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by tazfootball2:
Quote:
Originally posted by UMfan:
[b] I am disappointed by the guest appearances on the album though. I expected more from those ones..I think I like the one with Pink the best and I did not expect that when I bought the album.

Really? I thought they were pretty good. I really like No Love feat. Lil Wayne. I can see I Love The Way You Lie feat. Rihanna being a big hit on the charts though.

I agree with you on Cold Wind Blows, I think my favorites are Space Bound (because I can relate to the lyrics) and 25 To Life (Like the beat and lyrics).

But honestly it's hard to pick favorites on this CD because I like them all... except Your Never Over (It's a good song to tribute his best friend Proof, but I just don't dig it as a song) [/b]
The one with Lil Wayne just seems so slow. The first time I listened to it, I turned it off halfway through. Maybe I should give it another shot. The one with Rihanna is one of the top songs on iTunes right now, and I just dont like it...I don't know.

To me, it's Not Afraid and WTP that will be radio worthy songs. Cold Wind Blows is my favorite, but too many "bleeps" for it to be on the radio.
#169701 - 07/22/10 12:06 AM Re: Recovery Album
Lino Offline
Loc: Memphis, TN
thumbsup thumbsup That CD was another Eminem classic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2590135
#169702 - 07/22/10 12:09 AM Re: Recovery Album
Dthreap Offline
Loc: Canal Fulton, OH
I love it been playing it over the stereo at work. And Torrents those are old and full of predators. Searching forums using off-shore hosting in Hong Kong that direct you to a server in Germany is where its at :p

#169703 - 08/06/10 11:45 PM Re: Recovery Album
UMfan Offline
Love this video. It finally sold me on the song. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U
#169704 - 08/08/10 03:28 AM Re: Recovery Album
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I guess this shows how old I really am. My kids went nuts for Eminem when he first busted onto the scene, but I cant stand rap/hip-hop. So obviously I didnt like it then and I like it even less now.

My daughter and I relate thru music pretty well these days, with a lot of similar tastes, but part of her still digs rap, and even though I have tried to listen to some of the stuff she likes (I get barraged with her iPod every time she gets in my car)... but I just cant deal with it. (it makes me want to eat raw meat and pummel things with a blunt instrument)

There is ONE rap song I do like, and that would be Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back" which I think is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

My son and one of his friends did a re-mix of the song and they blended it together with 80s oldie Rick Astley "Never gonna give you up"...they did an excellent job cutting the two seamlessly and the end result is hilarious.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#169705 - 08/09/10 06:28 PM Re: Recovery Album
UMfan Offline
I think it's mostly a generational thing TBat. I grew up near Detroit in the late 80s when rap was going mainstream. I drove my parents nuts for years listening to it. smile I listen to everything but country now. I like to be well-rounded.

Speaking of mashups though (I love finding good mashups on youtube), this is one of my favorites blending arguably the best guitar player ever with arguably one of the best rappers ever.

Jimi Hendrix and Jay Z (Not safe for work or kids)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqpXmwSUmGg

EDIT:
If you want a funny but good mashup:
LL Cool J vs. Dexy's Midnight runners "Knock Out Eileen"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejuMfZdkM2o
#169706 - 08/13/10 12:41 AM Re: Recovery Album
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Those were a couple of pretty decent mash-ups. If you want to hear the one my son and his friend put together, go to youtube (I cant link it here from work) and type in "Big Butt Roll"

It seems it has become something of a viral sensation, with many video versions now listed. Josh and Scott only did the audio, and it appears to have been copied many times over. its not like you can claim any kind of rights when the songs you mash-up dont belong to you, and the software you used to do it is readily available to anyone.
Still a cool result tho I think.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >