Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170035 - 06/16/05 04:35 PM Grand Prix vs. Altima?
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
So I make the gopher runs for where I work; bank, post office, all that good stuff. Fortunately, it's all central to one road, and I barely have a five mile round trip doing it all. It can have tons of traffic at certain times of the day, since it's right next to I-35. There's a plethora of both ricers and monsters on that little stretch for some reason ..

And this Tuesday an Altima pulled up next to me. It had to be a 3.5L because I don't think the 2.5L would have been able to get me behind it. I think we both didn't know the other would take off. I pulled on him at first, then he pulled enough to have my front end just ahead of his rear bumper. Then .. he either bogged down or let his foot off the accelerator, because I slowly got ahead of him before having to slow down to turn. It surprised me that I did that well against him .. It's a newer one, 2002-2005 model, so at least 240 HP and 240 TQ. I also think it's probably lighter than me ..

Well guess who pulled up next to me again today. Yeah! The same darn Altima! Same thing happened .. save for he didn't get away so badly this time. I was hanging just past his driver's door before the same weird thing happened and I pulled up on him.

I don't know much about Altimas .. Does that sound right? I would think with the power he's supposed to have, he'd spank me pretty bad. Or could a 2.5L 175 HP Altima do that to a Grand Prix modded like mine? His car was silver, so the badge was stupid hard to read .. Plus I didn't see it much. lol

I never saw his brake lights come on. Maybe he just sucks at the internet ..
#170036 - 06/16/05 05:15 PM Re: Grand Prix vs. Altima?
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Sure it wasn't the 3.5 or SE-R???
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#170037 - 06/16/05 05:30 PM Re: Grand Prix vs. Altima?
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
No, it definitely wasn't an SE-R. They have flashier badging that I would have noticed, and would have left me in the dust ..

I don't know what it was.

Quote:
His car was silver, so the badge was stupid hard to read ..
So .. 2.5L and 3.5L look veeeery similar to each other, and with it being hard to read, I can't even guess, but what I'm asking is, did it HAVE to be a 3.5L because the 2.5L can't do that, or what, because I don't know.

You guys are smart, tell me. smirk
#170038 - 06/16/05 06:27 PM Re: Grand Prix vs. Altima?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
The Nissan 3.5's are powerful. If he did infact have the 3.5, he could have you for lunch, dinner, and saved a little bit for breakfast the next morning.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.