Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170289 - 03/07/08 07:46 PM did your politician stand up for themselves today?
Richard Candelario Offline
Cause mine sure did.

And, come to mention it, my Commander-in-Chief finally told all them, OTHER, people to shut up

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#170290 - 03/07/08 07:52 PM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Politics suck. Nuff said.
#170291 - 03/07/08 07:53 PM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
but my Senator doesnt.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#170292 - 03/07/08 07:53 PM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
buggy2068 Offline
Loc: Warrensburg, MO
I am right there with you Rick.
#170293 - 03/07/08 07:56 PM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
1997GrandPrixGT Offline
Loc: South Kentucky
im not able to vote (underage) and im glad i cant, politics just piss me off. when i can vote i wont. when the world goes to hell because of politicians, i wont be help reliable. haha but nothing against you rick. everyone has there say in everything (freedom of speech)
#170294 - 03/07/08 09:17 PM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
Good for McCain. I hate reporters. We need a John Wayne type Pres that won't take crap. I wish I could remember his name, but I liked that General that used to brief on the Pentegon just after we invaded Iraq. he used to put the reporters in their place when they asked stupid questions, which 95% of their questions are.

I'm not sure who I dislike more, politicians, reporters or lawyers.
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#170295 - 03/07/08 09:23 PM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
buggy2068 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 72chevman:
Good for McCain. I hate reporters. We need a John Wayne type Pres that won't take crap. I wish I could remember his name, but I liked that General that used to brief on the Pentegon just after we invaded Iraq. he used to put the reporters in their place when they asked stupid questions, which 95% of their questions are.

I'm not sure who I dislike more, politicians, reporters or lawyers.
General Casey?
#170296 - 03/07/08 09:25 PM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
buggy2068 Offline
I agree man, they are trying to say that this sort of thing will hurt him, but I hope that people see this as a sign of, "I don't give s*** what you think, now shut up and color."
#170297 - 03/08/08 01:17 AM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
it was either Casey, Petraeus, Cody, or that USSOCOM CDR...what was his name?...

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#170298 - 03/08/08 02:38 AM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 1997GrandPrixGT:
im not able to vote (underage) and im glad i cant, politics just piss me off. when i can vote i wont. when the world goes to hell because of politicians, i wont be help reliable. haha but nothing against you rick. everyone has there say in everything (freedom of speech)
Not voting isn't the answer. It's thanks to our soldiers fighting (and dying) that we have the RIGHT to vote. Many people don't. Vote, but actually LISTEN to them, don't just say you're going to vote for someone cuz they can give a good speech or something. I don't like ANY of this election's candidates, but I'll probably vote anyway, just because I consider myself blessed to be able to.

*steps down off patriotic soapbox*
#170299 - 03/08/08 02:46 AM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
1997GrandPrixGT Offline
Loc: South Kentucky
nothing against the troops, i have alot of friends in the army and im blessed to have them fighting for our freedom and for our country, to every soilder on here, may god be with you and your faimily. thanks for protecting and fighting for our country.
#170300 - 03/08/08 03:22 AM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I wasn't trying to say you were against the troops or anything, sorry if it came off that way. I just feel that people should vote. Maybe if more people vote than do today, politics wouldn't suck like they do. Then again, maybe it wouldn't change anything. *shrugs*

Politics suck, yes. But either 1. Someone voted them their, so PEOPLE suck, or 2. You didn't vote, and therefore have no right to complain about who's in office.

(1997GrandPrixGT, the second paragraph wasn't directed to you, just to people in general, I know you aren't old enough to vote.)
#170301 - 03/08/08 04:20 AM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
buggy2068 Offline
Well, my view on the whole thing is if there isn't any particular candidate that you care to vote for just write someone in. You can do that. I know that it feels like voting for the independents and people from partys other than Rep. and Dem. seems like such a waste, but think of it as a way of saying, "Hey, I don't like any of you so you ain't getting my vote" Don't just not vote though. Just my two cents.
#170302 - 03/08/08 05:33 AM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
Quote:
People that say their not going to vote because they wont be responsible when it all hits the fan piss me off. That is the most appathetic viewpoint towards something that isnt even hard to do. People are willing to camp out over night to buy a video game, but moan and groan about having to register and go to a voting booth. When the President makes a mistake, and every President has, they criticize, mock, and play monday morning quarterback. Yet they wont go do the simplest act of political participation there is, and that is vote. Voting for President is only once every four years, not that much of a hassle. If people would change their attitude about voting, our country would change too.

All right, enough of that. I'm generally unimpressed with the crop of candidates. I'm not sure who I would vote for if it was to happen today. I generally agree more with Republicans on the main issues than Dems, but I dont really want to get into a debate about those issues.
#170303 - 03/08/08 03:39 PM Re: did your politician stand up for themselves today?
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Quote:
Originally posted by brown:
Quote:
[b] im not able to vote (underage) and im glad i cant, politics just piss me off. when i can vote i wont. when the world goes to hell because of politicians, i wont be help reliable. haha but nothing against you rick. everyone has there say in everything (freedom of speech)
People that say their not going to vote because they wont be responsible when it all hits the fan piss me off. That is the most appathetic viewpoint towards something that isnt even hard to do. People are willing to camp out over night to buy a video game, but moan and groan about having to register and go to a voting booth. When the President makes a mistake, and every President has, they criticize, mock, and play monday morning quarterback. Yet they wont go do the simplest act of political participation there is, and that is vote. Voting for President is only once every four years, not that much of a hassle. If people would change their attitude about voting, our country would change too.

All right, enough of that. I'm generally unimpressed with the crop of candidates. I'm not sure who I would vote for if it was to happen today. I generally agree more with Republicans on the main issues than Dems, but I dont really want to get into a debate about those issues. [/b]
I def agree to all that Brown! I feel if you don't vote, you shouldn't have a say/opinion in what happens in America. Don't get me wrong, I don't really care for politics or the canidates running for president, but we have decided to live in America, therefore we kinda have to follow the tradition. BTW, no offense to you '97GPGT (Although, you can't vote right now anyway), that's just my general opinion on the issue!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >