Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171404 - 12/08/04 10:52 AM Re: the "carguy" essays
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by 4rsssfed_grandprix98:
"I'm more into looks than speed" and I was thinking to myself then why the hell did you make it look so ugly???
I was talking to a few of my friends/co-workers and that was one point that we all had in common. Why the hell would you waste all of your hard earned on just the looks??? Have the new generation of car lovers been spoiled by the 'bling-bling'factor and not taken inot account the performance factor??? For example, MTV's 'Pimp My Ride' does all of this body work and they may 'restore' the engine but they don't mod the engine. They should at least give a little bit for the money they put into it. I guess that why I love 'Hot Rod' and other shows like it. But that's just me....

Francisco
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#171405 - 12/08/04 12:26 PM Re: the "carguy" essays
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by framos242:
Quote:
Originally posted by 4rsssfed_grandprix98:
[b] "I'm more into looks than speed" and I was thinking to myself then why the hell did you make it look so ugly???
I was talking to a few of my friends/co-workers and that was one point that we all had in common. Why the hell would you waste all of your hard earned on just the looks??? Have the new generation of car lovers been spoiled by the 'bling-bling'factor and not taken inot account the performance factor??? For example, MTV's 'Pimp My Ride' does all of this body work and they may 'restore' the engine but they don't mod the engine. They should at least give a little bit for the money they put into it. I guess that why I love 'Hot Rod' and other shows like it. But that's just me....

Francisco [/b]
The dumbest thing I can say that I see on cars, are the $200-$300 set of custom tail lights.
For $300 you can do some work on the drivetrain that will actually help, instead of spending it on looks that will give you nothing.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#171406 - 12/08/04 04:14 PM Re: the "carguy" essays
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Some people don't care about performance. Just the bling. The other day I had to laugh. I saw a WS6 coming up behind me so I thought I'd have a little fun. I started toying with him trying to get him to bite but no. I eventually let him in front of me and the dang car was a six cylinder car. ( the tiny single exhaust said it all) The guy cloned a WS6 and didn't have the means to back it up. What a waste. I say if your gonna make your car look fast it better be fast. Appearance mods are fine as long as they are tasteful and represent the car for what it is.
#171407 - 12/09/04 08:25 AM Re: the "carguy" essays
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
.... I saw a WS6 coming up behind me so I thought I'd have a little fun......the dang car was a six cylinder car.
Yeah, I know a guy who just did this. He's one of my freinds from high school, He just purchased (end of summer) a trans am with t-tops, but it was a V6, not a bad little car, but definately not a WS6. Anyhow, I havnt talked to him in a while and I just saw his car the other day and he put one of the WS6 Spoilers and a Ram Air hood (non functional). I was talking to another freind and that freind said that he had the whole car repainted when he had the hood and spoiler painted and put on. stuff like that just seems dumb to me. If I had money like that to drop on a car, I would at least build the engine up a little bit. If not for speed at least for longevity, I mean, either way, if people put that kind of money into their cars wouldnt they want them to run well too confused

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#171408 - 12/09/04 08:04 PM Re: the "carguy" essays
zachd Offline
Loc: Evansville, IN
Um he had a v6 firebird not a v6 transam. He didnt have a WS6 wing as the WS6 wing is a transam wing. Unless you get a converty you are stuck with the short wing. So your buddy got a v6 firebird with Ttops a ram air hood and transam spoiler. thats just a waste of money all of it.