Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171409 - 03/07/05 11:53 AM NASCAR in Mex
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Hey, did anyone see the race yesterday?

I have to say that it was cool that NASCAR raced in Mexico. BTW, traffic in Mexico City does go fast and crazy. I vow and Alex can as well.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#171410 - 03/07/05 12:17 PM Re: NASCAR in Mex
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
That was an awsome race.
I like how the pole sitter (forgot his name, Gouertz, drove 66) schooled the big NASCAR drivers for 24 laps.
How amazing would it have been if one of those Mexican drivers would have won?
I thought NASCAR being in Mexico was a ginormous success. They'll be back, and it wouldn't surprise me if they brought the Cup guys with them... heck, just make it a full race weekend, bring the trucks too!

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#171411 - 03/07/05 12:39 PM Re: NASCAR in Mex
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Now you're talking.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#171412 - 03/07/05 01:54 PM Re: NASCAR in Mex
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I worked all day yesterday you mean it was just the busch cars? I caught the end of the race and I think Boris said should not drive another cup car. When was the last time he won a race? His sole job is road courses and he keeps finishing in the middle of the pack.
#171413 - 03/07/05 02:13 PM Re: NASCAR in Mex
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I worked all day yesterday you mean it was just the busch cars? I caught the end of the race and I think Boris said should not drive another cup car. When was the last time he won a race? His sole job is road courses and he keeps finishing in the middle of the pack.
Yes, yesterday was only Busch, with a bunch of Mexican guys as "ringers" for the road course. The Nextel Cup guys had the week off.
#171414 - 03/07/05 05:38 PM Re: NASCAR in Mex
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
I couldn't even see it by TV lots of work...

I'm not a race fan (i like it but don't know much) what is your opinions about mexican drivers?

Alex

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#171415 - 03/07/05 06:28 PM Re: NASCAR in Mex
AustinGTP Offline
I think Boris Said would do alot better if he had better equipment. I don't think he did so well yesterday because he didn't know this track. None of the NASCAR driver knew this track. Only the Mexican driver knew how to drive the track.
It was a tricky track. If they could get in the flow of sawing the wheel they did great, but as soon as they lost the rythum (sp?), they lost a place or two.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#171416 - 03/08/05 12:13 AM Re: NASCAR in Mex
Cliff Cherry Offline
Loc: Caldwell, NJ
Said and Fernandez got royally hosed by the pit road penalty and still finished 5th and 10th. Don't think they had anything for Truex but they definitely would have finished better.

That was a tremendously bad call.

Just checkin' in periodically :-D
#171417 - 03/08/05 08:42 AM Re: NASCAR in Mex
AustinGTP Offline
I agree. That was a horrible call by NASCAR.