Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171651 - 08/29/09 01:55 PM Re: Inglourious Basterds.
shedaisy49272 Offline
Loc: Howell, Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
[b]
Tarantino is my favorite director. It pisses me off that you rip on this movie because it wasn't some dumbed down action flick. Maybe you should have read a plot description instead of making assumptions about what you would be seeing. Tarantino has said over and over that it isn't a war flick.
Then it shouldn't have been advertised as such. [/b]
It may have came off as a war flick, but just knowing it is directed by Tarantino should have been warning enough. Like we have said before if you know you don't like his style, you probably will never like his movies, no matter how good the preview may look.

Zalfrin: I am also a huge Taratino fan, however everyone has different tastes in movies. I've worked at a video store for the past 6yrs. I've developed a open mind about all movies. I have recommended movies to customers that I hated and they ended loving it. To each their own.

No need to talk down other people because they don't like the same types of movies you do and that goes for everyone else too. I hate debates on who has the better taste in movies!!

Just my 2 cents...

Inglourious Basterds was a great movie in my opinion.
#171652 - 08/29/09 05:30 PM Re: Inglourious Basterds.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Zalfrin:
Don't care if you liked it or not, the fact remains that you wanted to see it. The first one was retarded, what number are they up to now? This is at least the 4th. These people release garbage just to make another buck on the same movie.

Tarantino is my favorite director. It pisses me off that you rip on this movie because it wasn't some dumbed down action flick. Maybe you should have read a plot description instead of making assumptions about what you would be seeing. Tarantino has said over and over that it isn't a war flick.
Where did I say I wanted to see it? I saw it with a friend. I even said beforehand I thought it was going to be stupid. But I gave it a chance, just like I gave Tarantino.

So it's ok for you to not like Final Destination, but it's not ok for me not to like Tarantino? Where do you live, Communist Russia? Iran? OH, WAIT, I forgot, that's exactly the type of country we live in now...

And why should I have to go and look up the plot? That is what the commercials are SUPPOSED to be for. But they did an awful job advertising the movie, probably because they wanted to attract people like me to go see an unbelievably boring movie.

I think the movie was boring and stupidly long. I will tell anyone who asks the same thing. If you have a problem with that, deal with it. It's my opinion, and I have just as much entitlement to it as you do. Some people will agree with me, some won't. The ones that disagree, good for them. Tarantino has to have some fans otherwise he wouldn't make any money. But I don't hold it against them. Unfortunately, I gave him a chance, and I will not be one of those fans.

Get over it.

*EDIT* I don't dislike someone who disagrees with me, but I can't stand hypocrites. banghead
#171653 - 08/29/09 06:50 PM Re: Inglourious Basterds.
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
All the things you've said about me can be applied just as easily to yourself. Pot meet kettle.

Why do you care what my opinion is anyways? Does my thinking you have bad taste in movies somehow affect you? It shouldn't.

I love how you took the opportunity to rip on America too, classy.
#171654 - 08/30/09 02:19 AM Re: Inglourious Basterds.
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
I didn't rip on America, I ripped on the people in it today.

And I'm not the one saying you have no taste because you disagree with me. It amuses me how you ask why I care what you think, when you were the one who said you were pissed because I was ripping on the movie. LOL

But, I'm done. You can feel free to think what you want. Nothing I say is going to show you how much of a hypocrite you are anyway. smile
#171655 - 08/30/09 01:03 PM Re: Inglourious Basterds.
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
Whatever you say RWNJ, like I said pot meet kettle.
#171656 - 08/30/09 01:31 PM Re: Inglourious Basterds.
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
That was a tastefully done arguement by both sides of the street... I consider this one a DRAW! Well done... "Let's move on..." wink cheers

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3