Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#17190 - 01/20/03 06:42 PM Alarm System
TigerCat Offline
Loc: New Hampshire
I recently bought a 1997 GTP and was told by the dealership there was no alarm system in the car. There is a light on the dash that would indicate there was at one time. I have had 2 headlights stolen off the car and want to get an alarm system installed before my car disappears one piece at a time. I am looking for suggestions on what would be best to have installed. Any ideas? a.d.bradbury@att.net
#17191 - 01/20/03 09:45 PM Re: Alarm System
coolgt2001 Offline
Loc: CP Indiana
hey- sorry about your lights.... as far as I know the GP comes with a factory alram. Here is the trick... when you buy an alram system you need to get the gm bypass and if you have the anti-theft key most likely you will need an extra. (key stays with unit) I actually have the Viper system that has fm 2 way paging ... works great has all the options... cost was arround 750. Professional install. If you are not looking for something that high-tec... go to your local besy buy or something. Just remember do you pay much attention to other people's car alarms when you are out in public???
mods: tinted windows (mirror to black), silver headlamp covers, 2 12in pioneer premiers, pioneer prmier cd/mp3 player, alarm system with car montioring and pager,CAI and thermostat, blue stripes, blue badging. Look for a quick hp increase.