Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171964 - 10/20/07 04:07 PM idea for the moderators...
Stauffie'sGTP Offline
Loc: Illionis
Since this wonderful site has become more and more the target for guys just tryin to sell the cars and in return that is upsetting usually happy-go-lucky, nothing bad-to-say members...I think it'd be a good/smart idea for the moderators to start to previewing new members. What i mean by this is that when a new member signs up that mods. should make it so they have to ok the noobs post before its actually put out there for everyone. Maybe watch their first 5-10 posts just to make sure their just not trying to sell their car and are actually full-fleg gp lovers like everyone else is on this site. This is a wonderful site with nothign but good ideas and very helpful people, i just don't want it to be ruined by noobs tryin to sell stuff and therefore giving gp.net a bad rep for bashing on people(even tho it is a very rare case when it does happen here). Just an idea i've seen it on a diff. forum seemed to be a decent way to prevent noobs. BTW this wasn't intended to critize anyone i just thought it might be helpful...

~Stauffie
#171965 - 10/20/07 04:25 PM Re: idea for the moderators...
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
The problem is that the person that holds supreme power over the boards...

no longer USES them.

Mods like Herc really little more power other than delete/lock posts/topics.

And I think they can move them too...

It kinda sucks because honestly, I think herc should have full moderating power over the site, if not all the mods together.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#171966 - 10/20/07 04:44 PM Re: idea for the moderators...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
As I have posted in another thread, people coming in and "blast posting" in every forum they can find when they want to sell their car is just the nature of the beast.
As members on this forum, we just need to maintain self control when it does happen.
Posting in a thread like that just keeps the thread alive that much longer. If you ignore the post, it will eventually die.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#171967 - 10/20/07 05:34 PM Re: idea for the moderators...
Stauffie'sGTP Offline
Loc: Illionis
who does have supreme power over gp.net? i honestly thought that it was herc and or all the mods....
#171968 - 10/20/07 06:40 PM Re: idea for the moderators...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Brian A. Marks is the owner of GPN.

Chew and Mark Harbison haven't been around in a long time, although every once in a blue moon I will see Chew's name appear as being online.

We had been unmoderated for a while when I asked Herc if he would like to join in on the effort to get this place moderated again. Herc agreed so I sent off a PM to Brian offering our help and Brian added Herc and myself to the moderators list.
About a year ago or so it appeared that PM's/email's to Brian were being unanswered and he hasn't been heard from since.

That's the low down in a nut shell.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#171969 - 10/21/07 03:23 AM Re: idea for the moderators...
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I think just moving new posts of car sales to the classified section should solve the problem,but as Austin said we need to maintain self control and if a post annoys you just ignore it no sense in confronting newbies for simple lack of posting edicate and if no one bites on these post they wither and die on there own.Chico(pops)