Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#172359 - 08/29/08 10:32 PM Re: spun the BU out.....
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
lol I was thinking same thing about honk at deer. It is not going work if it is still running or stop to hear the noise. Good thing you don't have other cars around or you could serious hurt for doing stupid about turn the TCS button off. I have one but I never touch it.
#172360 - 08/29/08 11:26 PM Re: spun the BU out.....
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
lol, you try aiming for a glancing blow and let me know how it goes. wink Just saying, in the split second you have to decide between swerving to try and avoid it, versus just hitting it, you're better off keeping the car on the road. At least you still have a straight frame.
#172361 - 08/30/08 10:54 AM Re: spun the BU out.....
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
actually I would have to say my last deer encounter was exactly that. Granted this was early in the morning so the daylight coming on helped my visibility and bought me more time...but there were two deer and I aimed in between. I lost a rearview mirror and it dented up both doors on my side pretty badly...but I'll take that over a crushed front end and the risk of his big-hairy-antlered carcass coming thru my windshield (not for certain but a risk to be sure)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#172362 - 08/30/08 02:53 PM Re: spun the BU out.....
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
I live near Rt 34 and the Merritt Parkway, so there's always plenty of Bambis to avoid this time of year. All four of my cars have deer whistles hidden behind their grilles, and thankfully none of them have ever sported antlers as hood ornaments. lol
#172363 - 08/31/08 08:45 PM Re: spun the BU out.....
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Never swerve, aim for the hind quarters.  Swerving leads to loss of control and usually the area the dear is in there is much more risk of personal injury from falling off cliffs, running into trees or hitting a ditch or berm and rolling the vehicle.  I have seen too many people seriously injured because of it.  If you stear for the hind quarters you main-tain control of the car and gives the animal a chance to get away and if it's too late it will be a glancing blow and will keep the animal out of the windshield which is where most of the personal injuries occur.  Your car will take major damage either way but the safety of the occupants is much more important.
#172364 - 08/31/08 09:05 PM Re: spun the BU out.....
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
Your car will take major damage either way but the safety of the occupants is much more important.
depends on the occupants... and what car.

j/k

kinda