Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#172728 - 02/20/09 08:53 AM Re: Daytona 500
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by snowrider900:
Oh and the deal with IROC, do ya think maybe that the manu didnt back it because there was no coverage? or no tv time?
They had the TV time. I think some were tape delayed, but they were televised.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#172729 - 02/20/09 05:36 PM Re: Daytona 500
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I understand the concept with the car of tomorrow or even before that,building a car which is reachable for the lower budget teams and levelling the playing field to allow them to compete against the high dollar Roush,Hendrick and so on. But I miss the days when the cars on the track looked like cars in the showrooms, even a passing resemblence.

I also get the concept that if all the cars are equal so-to-speak that the real difference should be the driver and his team tactics, the skill and speed of his pit crew and just plain luck.

Personally, with the return of the Camaro to GM showrooms, I'd almost like to see NASCAR adopt the body styles of the Camaro,Mustang and Challenger and if Toyota wanted to still throw in they could bring the Solara coupe. I still believe that NASCAR can help generate sales in the showroom. I dont think there ever would have been such huge aftermarket support for our GPs if they hadnt been NASCARs hot ticket for that short time. If they still want to stick with the sedans thats cool, but offer something with sport flavor to the public. NASCAR has a huge fan base, to neglect that in the showroom is silly.

And for any of you who still think left,left,left is so very boring, I invite you to attend laps for charity and stay late at night...take few turns when the field gets thin and the laps get faster. I gained a whole new respect for these guys when I went 100+ mph around TMS. It was blast for me for three laps. Now add another 80mph on and 40 other cars in traffic and the whole concept gets hairy beyond belief. Granted, I like watching road course racing and I love the 24hrs of LeMans without the bumping and grinding. Sometimes NASCAR seems like the hockey of motorsports, but thats ok cuz I dig hockey too.

I just wish the stock-cars had power enough to pass and run as opposed to all this "stay inline and push each other around"...I think thats what makes it boring to watch sometimes. I feel like they have fallen prey to their own rulemaking and lack competition of racing they used to have. Maybe they'll hit another stride soon.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#172730 - 02/20/09 06:02 PM Re: Daytona 500
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
I'd almost like to see NASCAR adopt the body styles of the Camaro,Mustang and Challenger
You'll see exactly that when the Nationwide Series introduces their COT.
I like to call that the soon to be "Pony Car Series".
wink

EDIT:
Scratch that... I just did some checking and it looks like Dodge will be the only "Pony Car" for Nationwide's COT.
It looks like Chevy will be using the Malibu, Ford with the new Taurus and Toyota will stay with the Camry.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#172731 - 02/27/09 02:49 AM Re: Daytona 500
snowrider900 Offline
Loc: Owatonna mn
So I guess Im the only one who's opinion gets jumped on
#172732 - 02/27/09 06:49 AM Re: Daytona 500
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I thought the horse was dead?
#172733 - 02/27/09 06:23 PM Re: Daytona 500
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by snowrider900:
So I guess Im the only one who's opinion gets jumped on
No, you're just the only one that whines, and keeps bringing this thread back.
#172734 - 02/27/09 06:56 PM Re: Daytona 500
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
If you hate NASCAR and Toyota crap stuffs. Then DON'T WATCH IT! :rolleyes: