Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173036 - 01/13/09 12:47 PM Resident Evil: Degeneration
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
To any Resident Evil fans, I would strongly suggest renting or purchasing this movie.

While the CG animation is *quite* as good as Final Fantasy: Advent Children, the proper voice acting and at least natural animations make up for it.

As far as story line and trueness to the game and it's books, I've never seen a movie based on a game that held so strongly to cannon. Umbrella doesn't really make an appearance but everything is sound and true to the universe.

Although, I feel the infection takes hold far too quickly, literally thety are zombies within like a minute or so. If memory serves me it takes like half and hour to an hour. But I feel this needed to be done to keep the pace of the movie going steady. Nobody wants to "wait" for the zombies to come, so some sacrifices needed to be made her.

Along with that, there is the obvious appearance of the zombie making T-virus but very surprisingly, William Burkins G-virus as well! This was a real shock and treat to me, being an avid Resident Evil 2 fan.

On that note, there were a few quick, enjoyable flashbacks to Leon and Claire in Raccoon City during the infection. Another pleasant surprise.

All in all, this is exactly what I feel those live-action abominations so-called "Resident Evil" should have been.

8/10 for Capcom.

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#173037 - 01/13/09 12:55 PM Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Giggity.

I will have to go get this.

I don't think any CGA movie will top Advent Children. Maybe i'm biased because I love FF7.
#173038 - 01/13/09 02:14 PM Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
I didn't care for the game, I always preferred FFVIII. However, I do like the story of VII, and that's exactly what FF:AC had that made it so awesome.

And the fight scenes were just ******* epic...

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#173039 - 01/13/09 11:15 PM Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
That movie was kick ass. Me and the gf watched it, i loved it, usually not a fan of CG movies, but this one toped my bad ass movie list.
#173040 - 01/14/09 04:20 PM Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
Can't wait for the game, R.E.5, to come out.... that looks bad-ass!

#173041 - 01/14/09 04:24 PM Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration
BoostenGTP Offline
Loc: Michigan
oh yes! ill definatly be getting that for 360!