Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173448 - 06/17/08 04:10 AM Re: Selling the GT for mpg reasons
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Here's all I'm going to say:

I just filled up, and got approx. 20mpg on a STOCK GTP driving around the CITY. All I did was not rev it to 3000rpms like I normally do. (I wish I could tell you exactly what I got, but I left the receipt in my shirt pocket...which is now in the wash. mad ) I haven't even done any of the mpg-improving mods yet.

So, I don't feel that paying a bunch more a month for a new car just to slightly save on gas is worth it, not for me. Besides, I wouldn't give up the power...until they can make a hybrid or electric car as powerful & still as cheap as a sports car, I'll stick with gasoline. thumbsup

If commuting was an issue (with it's not for me, thank God) then I would look into moving or a new job before a new car.
#173449 - 06/17/08 07:17 AM Re: Selling the GT for mpg reasons
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by zuulmusic:
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
[b] Is the fuel savings going to outweigh the monthly payment?

I swear the auto industry is making a killing right now because people would rather pay an extra $100 a month on a car payment then $80 a month extra on fuel. Now if people are doing it for enviro reasons etc and not just cause the cost at the pump that's different.
x1000!

I want to hear herc's opinion on foreign/domestic oil situation now. [/b]
You don't want me to go there. That's a very sore subject with me. We have the ABILITY to produce enough oil annually from various sources to make a huge difference. We wouldn't be totally self reliant but we would have more power over prices. We'd have the ability to say screw you long enough that foriegn pocket books would start to take a beating and come crawling back with hat in hand.
#173450 - 06/17/08 08:41 AM Re: Selling the GT for mpg reasons
Burgundy2003GT Offline
Loc: Owatonna, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by 20gtp02:
Yah, I am with Herc.
My last trip to Tampa, 150 miles one way. I took her easy. Cruise control the whole way, knocking down 28.5 mpg at 73 mph. I watched people fly past me, and those that I past many times cause they can't keep a steady pedal. I hope all those people aren't complaining about high gas prices!
Ya sounds like the mileage I get, not good enough for me though. Here is what the 2008 Xd looks like.
http://www.carspace.com/hudsonthedog/Albums/2007NYIAS/100_0068.JPG/page/photo.html

Hercman about moving closer, tried selling a house lately? Here they can't sell them for far under value. Besides more dense population = more criminal activity.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3