Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#17418 - 10/13/08 04:56 PM audio question
black99gtp Offline
Loc: Chicago Suburbs
I have the bose sound system stock, with a 6 cd changer in the trunk and the stock cassette player in dash. I heard that there are problems when hooking up an aftermarket cd player to bose speakers, is this true?
I'm ok right now with using a cassette adapter for my mp3 player, the sound quality is still good, so there's no rush, but I did eventually want to go with an aftermarket cd player with auxilary input, and hoped it would hook up with the bose speakers and steering controls. I'm guessing I would have to buy an adapter for the steering wheel controls.
Anyone have experience with this and is it complicated/expensive?

#17419 - 10/13/08 05:08 PM Re: audio question
wantagtp Offline
Loc: pitman nj
i put a red alpine in mine along with the ipod hookup and sat radio. i ordered everything from crutchfeild.
i also got the steering wheel control hookup. its not hard if you know how to do basic electrical stuff. i also got the adapter to hook it into the bose but in hind site i am not sure this was necessary. i soldered all my conections and it sounds better than stock.

if you search there should be some threads on how to hook all this stuff up.

o and i didnt a trunk cd changer. that would probably make things a little harder
#17420 - 10/13/08 05:32 PM Re: audio question
black99gtp Offline
Loc: Chicago Suburbs
I forget to search for previous threads before I made a new post, but thanks for the info wantagtp. I will probably do that eventually, but it can wait, I wanna get a few peformance mods first.

And If my cd changer doesn't work after that swap that's fine, I mostly use my mp3 anyway unless its a 5 minute drive