Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175203 - 11/29/07 09:01 PM Re: go pats!!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I lost all respect when they started running up the score.

Wouldn't bellecheck feel like an *** if his star QB was hurt because he wasn't up by 30 points late in the 4th against a team who hasn't moved the ball all day.

Records will be broken if not already but this day in age the rules favor the recievers and when your team runs up a score when the game is well in hand. I won't respect it. Many great teams in the past have had the oportunity to run a score up but they were proffessionals and played with respect.

Pats win or lose won't have my respect.
#175204 - 11/29/07 09:19 PM Re: go pats!!!!
20gtp02 Offline
Man, Herc, that just gets me into a debate about football things that aren't cool, such as running up the score.

1.How is spiking the ball any different than intentional grounds?

2.P*ss* footing a kneel down with like under 2:00 minuts left in the game. Are we watching football or some terds not finishing out the game? (this one gets me angry the most)

3.Running up the score, I don't think that is really what it is. It's too NFL teams, not NFL vs. Pee wee.

4.Doing a running play when you are deep in your own territory just to get ready for fourth to punt!

There is more, I just have to watch a game again. I understand the reasons behind some of them, but it just is annoying to watch it.

#175205 - 11/29/07 09:35 PM Re: go pats!!!!
chotchie Offline
Loc: providence RI
im all alone........i have no other pats fans to help me out right now im stuck in a corner..of course comming from me a blow out is cool, but then again, it does make the game boring to watch, like last week for example, i was almost on the edge of my seat, i thought i was going to have my first loss. and the colts game, that was a good one, the buffalo game that was just rediculus, but im a pats fan...

tranny cooling kit and shift kit,valve cover breather,3.25 MPS,MSD coilpacks,K&N open cone,pacesetters,40 series FM,1.9 rockers w/ 105 springs,MSP"TBv2" poly mounts,180* T-stat,NGK TR6 v-groove,N* TB,EGR delete,42# injectors,ported eaton blower.
#175206 - 11/30/07 06:33 AM Re: go pats!!!!
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
1. Spiking your forfitting a down to stop the clock, which doesn't give the defense a chance to play. intentional grounding your avoiding a sack to deny the defense the yards.
2. Is it any different then when the home team on a baseball game goes into the bottom of the ninth gets the game winning run and they end the game on the spot? Even though there is still outs to play? But the major reason is football is a physically demanding and dangerous sport so if the game is in hand and only 50 secs to play why risk injury. Now when your down and you give up that's different.
3.Running up the score is what it is esp. with Bellichek. He's showing the world that see we can beat people without cheating and showing the commish see this team doesn't need a first round pick when your this good (but they do have the niners whose lookin at a 4 or 5 spot)
4. That's just bad play calling. Hey that sounds like my team. Got to watch one game this season and it was appalling at how pitiful the playcalling was. Never mind the poor perforance of the plays called but some one like me can see somethings not working to change things if something is working to stick with it.

Chotchie kinda sucks when the #1 team is getting bashed ehh? I'm all alone in the support of my team as well.
#175207 - 11/30/07 07:19 AM Re: go pats!!!!
chotchie Offline
yeah...but it doesnt bother me too much, just certain people i can brag about my team around, other than that i tend to keep my happiness to myself.

tranny cooling kit and shift kit,valve cover breather,3.25 MPS,MSD coilpacks,K&N open cone,pacesetters,40 series FM,1.9 rockers w/ 105 springs,MSP"TBv2" poly mounts,180* T-stat,NGK TR6 v-groove,N* TB,EGR delete,42# injectors,ported eaton blower.
#175208 - 12/03/07 12:02 PM Re: go pats!!!!
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
SOrry for missing this thread.

I'll stand up for the Pats!! Where are we in this debate? I read something about cheating and running up the score, but those are hardly worth a debate. Pats are doing nothing different from any other team. They've been playing 2nd and 3rd string players all season. Other teams are upset that they haven't figured out how to foster good players out of their ENTIRE team, not just the all star players.

I was at the Eagles game and it was pretty intense. I don't think that anyone in the crowd really believed that they were going to lose though.
#175209 - 12/03/07 12:07 PM Re: go pats!!!!
chotchie Offline
thanks for the support, another win tonight!!!!!

#175210 - 12/03/07 12:21 PM Re: go pats!!!!
BryantGTP Offline
Should be a good game tonight.

I hope they cleaned up the defense from last week.
#175211 - 12/03/07 02:42 PM Re: go pats!!!!
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by chotchie:
im all alone........i have no other pats fans to help me out right now im stuck in a corner..of course comming from me a blow out is cool, but then again, it does make the game boring to watch, like last week for example, i was almost on the edge of my seat, i thought i was going to have my first loss. and the colts game, that was a good one, the buffalo game that was just rediculus, but im a pats fan...
I agree, I am a Pats fan and have not missed a game yet this season! Some of them (most) are just boring to watch because they are just running over them with the score.... Colts and Eagles I was on the edge of my seat.... I give allot of props for how the Eagles played last week.... Im more worried about the Stealer game coming up, seems like the Stealers have been either really good or really bad during their games... We'll see I guess
#175212 - 12/03/07 04:32 PM Re: go pats!!!!
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
I can't wait for Dec. 9th to roll around! The New England Patriots will face the toughest defense in the league. My Steelers offense is pretty awesome too. #1 thing we need to do though is establish a running game, if we can't do that it will go downhill from there. Big Ben is really talented at throwing inside the pocket, but even better if he is scrambling outside the pocket or given the time to set-up for the playaction passes. Heath Miller will be the key in the passing game for sure. I'm more worried about Wes Welker than I am Randy Moss or Donte Stallworth. But it should be a good match-up. CANT WAIT IM SO PUMPED UP RIGHT NOW!!!!

#175213 - 12/03/07 07:46 PM Re: go pats!!!!
chotchie Offline
that will be a good game, if ben wants to make good passes he has to hit his guys up the middle, the outside is dangerous with the pats "d". tonights game might not be that great might be a boring high score guess ill have to see, but yeah stealers will give us a run for the money.

#175214 - 12/03/07 09:19 PM Re: go pats!!!!
BryantGTP Offline
Ravens are up, but the lead looks unsustainable.
#175215 - 12/03/07 10:08 PM Re: go pats!!!!
chotchie Offline
half time..........good game, im suprised, pats are falling apart since philly, ravens must have watched video of that game to figure out how to stop us.

#175216 - 12/03/07 10:58 PM Re: go pats!!!!
chotchie Offline
im considering this game a loss right now 13 left in the 4th and ravens have the ball in pats ter. 17-24..........its over

#175217 - 12/03/07 11:48 PM Re: go pats!!!!
20gtp02 Offline
OMG!!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >