Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175312 - 02/25/09 11:50 PM crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
When I'm ready to walk to my winter car to go work. Of course it is park next by my summer car as usually. I saw flat bed truck lift it up. I just like what is f?!

First, I thought it was lady who hit my car seeking payback for trying pull the stunt about tow my car out. lol

I yelled at tow driver. Don't f touch my car! What f are you doing!? That's my car! Yes, I'm really angry and confused. Tow driver told me landlord make me tow this car. I just like wtf? I told him don't ever f touch this car! I will talk to landlord to ask why my car is tow for what reason? Tow truck said fine I will wait.

I drove to my landlord's office which it is 3/4 miles. I told him why hell are you trying tow my summer car for? He told me that you have valid plate. It is about renew tag sticker. I got it last month but it is snowing that day so I put it on my glove box to wait for warm weather. I told him that's no excuse to tow my summer car without asking me. He says we did call you few times but no one answer. I just like ummm ok? What is wrong with this picture right now? He says I don't follow you? You are saying that you call me my apt few times right? (shake head yes) then do you know that I'm _____? (look confused) come on HELLO! I'M DEAF!!!! Do I have phone in my apt!? No! That's why it is never answer! Geez. They are sorry to me and call tow truck off so my summer car is staying there where it is belong. They thought my summer car is "abandoned". no

I got late work for this crap. :rolleyes:

Geez crazy day. It got me scared to death!
#175313 - 02/26/09 12:21 AM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Thankfully, the crisis was avoided.

But in all seriousness, did your landlord not know/care that you are deaf?

Haven't you two ever met in person?

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#175314 - 02/26/09 12:28 AM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
palsut Offline
Yes, they (3-4 landlords) knew I'm deaf and we already met every 1st month because I gave them my rent check. I guess they didn't know lot of deaf stuffs or whatever. I told them next time if you have any question or problem with me then email me or leave the note on my door either. They will do that next time. They already put my apt profile that "DO NOT CALL" because I'm deaf.

I keep imagine that what if they tow my car already that I didn't catch it like I did today. My first reaction will be call police and thinking it was stolen.
#175315 - 02/26/09 12:42 AM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
20gtp02 Offline
Wow and you never late for work!!! UH OH
To me it makes sense, but they should post note on car or on your door in apartment.
What an idiot your landlord is.

#175316 - 02/26/09 12:48 AM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
palsut Offline
Yeah, I was very disappointed my "never late" work streak is finally over. My boss totally understand about my car getting dangerous tow so I have to do something about that. He would do same thing if it is happened to him. He is Ford guy and mustang lover lol. He own 1985 Ford Mustang. Awesome car but yeah he hate gm and my car lol

Yeah, they should put note on my car that I will see it for sure. I always check my summer car every day which of course it is park next by my winter car that I use daily.
#175317 - 02/26/09 02:00 AM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
So, let me get this straight, he was going to have your car towed because your plates were expired? That's not his problem or his responsibility, I don't see how he has any right to call a tow truck because of that, regardless of how much notice he has/has not given you. It's a good thing it didn't get towed, cuz I would have said take him to court over it.

However, you were a prick to that tow truck driver for no reason. He was just doing what he was told, no reason to talk to him like that.
#175318 - 02/26/09 08:23 AM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
They have every right to tow abandoned vehicles. In this case they made a mistake, but they were not doing anything illegal, and a court would have told you as much.
#175319 - 02/26/09 09:31 AM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
palsut Offline
My plate is really not expired. It is on my glove box because it is snowing that day when I got that sticker. Plus, I'm not driving that car until Spring so I'm not that stupid to drive around with expired plate.

Yes, they have right reason but call me few times when they knew I'm deaf? Yeah right. :rolleyes:

I'm not only one have abandoned vehicles. There are nice looking Chevy Camaro and Ford Mustang have been sitting there since Fall.

I might be rude to tow truck but I hate when he is trying take my car away from me which of course it is nothing illegal. So far, it is everything is cool. It is warm day yesterday and I already put sticker on this plate and move on. It won't happen again.

Their target reason is plate expired only so it has nothing to do with abandoned. I already told them that my car is sitting during winter. It is not really abandoned but they thought owner left this car and move to other new apt. Sometimes, it is really happened to any apt owner when they left the car behind if they can't bring it with them.
#175320 - 02/26/09 10:44 AM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
Blackarrow98GP Offline
Loc: CT, U.S.A
I'll bet your first thought on seeing the tow truck was "Blackarrow was right! That crazy lady is trying to take my car!" lol

This is one reason I'm glad we now have color coded windshield stickers; avoids a lot of problems.
#175321 - 02/26/09 11:10 AM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
palsut Offline
lol I was thought it was from her. I told tow truck driver that I'm sorry for harsh talk to you. He says no problem. It is no big deal. It is not like you are worst. I have seen worse before like someone attack me before when I take their car to tow.

I wish I have windshield stickers. I like that so it is easy to put instead wait it out for snowing and cold weather. The date is Jan. 23rd which it is my birthday. I'm not sure if all states have that. Renew tag is ALWAYS on this person birthday. Hey happy birthday from Ohio! One more thing YOU NEED RENEW TAG! Yeah thank for "gift" :rolleyes: lol
#175322 - 02/26/09 12:54 PM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Every apartment I have EVER lived in will toe your car if you park with an expired tag. So I always put on my tag ASAP. Good thing you didnt have to pay the tow fees and release fees to get your car back. My car was just towed from a friends house a few weeks ago cuz the HOA has rules for no cars being parked in driveway/street after a certain time. You have to park in the garage. Cost me nearly $300 to get my car back after only 20 minutes of it being towed.
#175323 - 02/26/09 03:39 PM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
BlackTop Vinyl Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Morons.... no
#175324 - 02/26/09 04:17 PM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
What a joke your land lord is... my god, you should of punched him in the face
#175325 - 02/26/09 05:07 PM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
palsut Offline
Wow, ifitwasnt4u that's suck. I hate pay lot of money for get that car back. I would be angry if I have pay tow fees if I never knew about that.
#175326 - 02/26/09 05:19 PM Re: crazy day (my summer car almost tow)
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I bet if you read your contract for the apt. that cars parked in the lot must be legal. As for the sticker in the glove box means absolutely nothing to a person who is enforcing the parking rules. All they see is a vehicle in violation.