Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175365 - 10/25/06 06:02 PM well the curse known as my brother strikes again
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
it rained today here in waco and my dad decided for some unknown reason to let my brother drive his Trans am to a friends house. on the way back he took a turn to fast and started to slide he tried to gain control by turning the wheel in the other direction and hitting the brake but instead he hit the gas spun 180 degrees the other way went over a curb taking a big chunk with the car (after looking under the car the chunk was taken off by the frame) he then went into a fence breaking the side skirt and putting a huge dent into the side of the car also the passenger door wont open. if that wasn't bad enough one of his friends that was following him noticed that there was enough room for him to back up out of the yard if he didn't turn the wheel (he came millimeters from a telephone pole i think he even grazed the pole with the rear bumper) but instead he turned the wheel to soon and ripped off the front bumper. mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

#175366 - 10/25/06 06:45 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
WOW, good thing no one was hurt, sounds like the car got beat up badly... pics?
#175367 - 10/25/06 07:01 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
D Offline
Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Poor car....

1997 Grand Prix GT: ZZP SS M90 Kit--P&P Blower and LIM--3.8" Modular pulley--36# injectors--ZZP Wizair CAI--8.5mm MSD Wires--Autolite 103s@ .052--180* drilled T-stat--Tune Time Performance Tune--ZZP 2.5" D/P w/o Cat--ZZP Stage 1 HV TB--ZZP Power Log & Rear PEM--ZZP Poly Motor & Tranny Mounts--Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow Mufflers--Auto Meter Z Series Boost & Oil Pressure Gauges--Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge

New York Metro Club Grand Prix
www.nymcgp.com
#175368 - 10/25/06 07:14 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
jeremy Offline
i dont have pics of the car but i do have pics of the site.

#175369 - 10/25/06 07:20 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
ifitwasnt4u Offline
Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Did they just flee the accedent and leave the fence like that? or do the home owners know and have insurence info?
#175370 - 10/25/06 08:09 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
*sigh*

Maybe now your dad will get the hint, perhaps? I bet you're hoping he will, I am too. That kid is such a screwup. .. As if the first time wasn't bad enough!

Also, that looks like a cheapass fence. Looks like all it needs is a new metal pole. Maybe two.
#175371 - 10/25/06 08:45 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
jeremy Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ifitwasnt4u:
Did they just flee the accedent and leave the fence like that? or do the home owners know and have insurence info?
the home owner knows about it he was sitting in his back yard when it happened and called the cops.

#175372 - 10/25/06 08:47 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
jeremy Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
*sigh*

Maybe now your dad will get the hint, perhaps? I bet you're hoping he will, I am too. That kid is such a screwup. .. As if the first time wasn't bad enough!

Also, that looks like a cheapass fence. Looks like all it needs is a new metal pole. Maybe two.
now he is only allowed to drive if my mom or dad are with him for a couple of months to teach him proper driving skills. i hope there isn't any frame damage but i think that there is since the frame took out a chunk of the curb. but we will find out in a couple of days what the verdict is.

#175373 - 10/26/06 12:00 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Some years ago, a friend of a friend give his son a Firebird for his birthday, this kid was 15 years old...a very nice gift but a very stupid choice!
This kid kill himself into an accident running against nobody, he was just speeding in a straight large highway and just lost control.

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
----------------------------------
#175374 - 10/28/06 01:46 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
jeremy Offline
well the car is not totaled where i thought the frame hit the curb was just a spot where the frame scraped over a brick not damage just scratched paint and metal. what hit the curb was the rear axle which was bent. total damage was $6072.61. when the insurance adjuster showed up at the shop and said fix it the shop forman asked well shouldn't we just total it they arn't worth that much and the insurance adjuster looked at the guy like he had been slapped and said as is in the condition the car is in right now its still worth $17,000 not repaired.

#175375 - 10/31/06 08:51 AM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
Kansas GXP Offline
Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I was going to say... there isn't any frame on those cars... but anyway, glad to hear they didn't total another F-Body b/c of some kids screw up. It almost kills me every time I see an f-body come into the yard here. I know that there are one less that I can buy in the future, driving the price of the good few left, out the roof.

Anyway, good luck fixing it. You can still make them look very good after they have been in a wreck. I should know.
Oh, since the pass. door won't open, the will need new door skins, so have them shave the door handles. I did it to mine, and it was awesome.
#175376 - 10/31/06 07:41 PM Re: well the curse known as my brother strikes again
jeremy Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Kansas GTP:
I was going to say... there isn't any frame on those cars... but anyway, glad to hear they didn't total another F-Body b/c of some kids screw up. It almost kills me every time I see an f-body come into the yard here. I know that there are one less that I can buy in the future, driving the price of the good few left, out the roof.

Anyway, good luck fixing it. You can still make them look very good after they have been in a wreck. I should know.
Oh, since the pass. door won't open, the will need new door skins, so have them shave the door handles. I did it to mine, and it was awesome.
we found out the reason the door wouldn't open is because the side skirt was lifted up just enough so the door wasn't able to open. the worst part is we wont see the car again until november 28th at the eariest.