Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175434 - 03/03/08 06:32 PM Help on Camcorder
20gtp02 Offline
I've been into video editing and hopefully soon to get my hands on the Adobe Master Collection software. I use Sony Vegas to edit, and it just doesn't have the stuff I want to start to use.
My pops and I have been nominated for two weddings. I don't feel comfortable using a camcorder that isn't made for this type of thing. We recently purchased, few months back, the Sony DCR-SR42. Has a nice 30bg harddrive and and is small. However, I want to use something more professional. I like editing, but the taping part I don't care for. I am wondering is there someplace local I can learn some info on before I probably will buy it online. I talked to one guy at wedding recently vidoetapping and he was using some $2,500-3,000 setup. I want something nice but nothing up and that range yet. Something with quality and something with a portable mic that can be placed on or near the people speaking while the camera is farther away, with no cord attached. I am going to do some searching, but I would like to physically hold one and talk to someone about the characteristics and features I shouuld be looking at when deciding.
Thanks

#175435 - 03/03/08 07:18 PM Re: Help on Camcorder
1997GrandPrixGT Offline
Loc: South Kentucky
i have a canon GL 2. i use the old adobe vid editor. (borrowed from schoo) i use it only for skate vids. ive done some work in some videos from skateshops in TN and KY. ill post some links in a bit of my editing and filming. sorry i cant help your questions but i love filming and editing skate footy laugh
#175436 - 03/03/08 07:25 PM Re: Help on Camcorder
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Why the Adobe Master Collection? Wouldn't the Production Premium package be more down your alley?

I have the Web Premium package myself. Why spend the money on things you don't need, unless you want to get into Dreamweaver for websites?
#175437 - 03/03/08 10:26 PM Re: Help on Camcorder
20gtp02 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by 1997GrandPrixGT:
i have a canon GL 2. i use the old adobe vid editor. (borrowed from schoo) i use it only for skate vids. ive done some work in some videos from skateshops in TN and KY. ill post some links in a bit of my editing and filming. sorry i cant help your questions but i love filming and editing skate footy laugh
So what hooked you on that Canon, how did you learn on what you were getting for your money?

I am getting the hook up!!
I don't care which one it is, I just want one of them to do stuff I can't do now with my editing software.