Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175548 - 06/21/08 06:52 PM Re: movin along...
Richard Candelario Offline
The only thing DEP counts for is the MSO. Ya know, that required 8 years total obligation to the military? That 11 months counts towards your IRR time. Now that you passed 8 years TIS, DEP really dont help you much. The best people to talk to about that is the retention/transition assistance folks.

Ok, boys and girls. We're finally in a rental double-wide in Lufkin. It's ok. For now. Still yet to get internet at the house. Oh well. Still have plans to be rid of the Bird and buy a G8 GT. After we have a good idea what finances are looking like.

I'm pretty sure I hate the Army side of recruiting. The command puts so much un-needed stress on it's recruiters, it's unreal. Then putting up with the "I know I'm fully qualified for Service, but I think I'm too good to even sit down with you to hear my options..." Oh, and getting cussed out by parents. And getting hung up on. It's best explained like this: As soon as I identify myself as an Army Recruiter, it's suddenly ok to treat me as sub-human. Case in point? ok, here it is: I was in uniform doing a little bit grocery shopping before going home for dinner. A little old biddy saw me and asked if I'm home from the war. I said sorta. She cocked her head to the side and smiled and asked how so. I explained that I've been home for a few years now, then said I'm here in Lufkin as an Army Recruiter. Her smile faded into disgust and she looked down and away. She said "well, never mind. I thought I'd thank you for your service and welcome you home. But, never mind." Thanks. A bunch.

The wife and kids are still doing well. My girl still aint potty trained, but she is making improvements. My Lil Homie is still bein a 18 mo-old. Just like he should be. As I said in another post, we no longer have our dog. We gave that mutt up back in New Mexico. Long story.

Mike, John: Thanks SOOOO very much for helping keep me up all those nights driving home. You cant imagine how many times yall saved my life out there.

Tim: Thank you once again for all the input on suspension that one evening. That made up my mind for what to buy. Also: I apologize over and over again for that one phone call about a week or two ago. This job has caused me to lose track of time and time passage. I called your phone, realized what time it was and hung up. Just as your wife had answered. Then I called back to apologize to her and got voicemail. I started to leave an apology message, when John had called me back in the middle of my message. Short story long, I am VERY sorry about that mess, Tim and Mrs. T-Bat.

Hope to try and make up some of my lost post count. I sure miss hanging out around here. Sure hope all is well out there on that side of the phone line.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#175549 - 06/21/08 08:24 PM Re: movin along...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Nice to see you have a roof over your head. I can't believe the nerve of that gal.

I guess she doesn't realize that if enough people don't enlist that her son/grandson could end up going unwilling via draft.

Next time I'd ask em would you like me to ask people if they'd like to join or pack yer bags your goin to war?
#175550 - 06/21/08 09:10 PM Re: movin along...
20gtp02 Offline
Yah we were missing one of the Red car team members!!
That sounds terrible you have to go through this bs while at such places at the grocery store. You could of told the lady a lie, damn if you were being honest.
I get called out all the time for being 6'6", and I can't stand to bs with people. I feel for you since you are wearing the Uniform.

#175551 - 06/21/08 09:25 PM Re: movin along...
'01 GT Offline
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
wow! i cant beieve the nerve of some people to come up to you wanting to thank you for your time spent over seas and then just because your a recruiter and you came back a little bit ago her thanks no longer means anything special...thats messed up!

Current:
2004 Dale Jr Monte SS

Old:
01 3.2 intercooled GT RIP
#175552 - 06/21/08 11:22 PM Re: movin along...
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
As soon as I identify myself as an Army Recruiter, it's suddenly ok to treat me as sub-human. Case in point? ok, here it is: I was in uniform doing a little bit grocery shopping before going home for dinner. A little old biddy saw me and asked if I'm home from the war. I said sorta. She cocked her head to the side and smiled and asked how so. I explained that I've been home for a few years now, then said I'm here in Lufkin as an Army Recruiter. Her smile faded into disgust and she looked down and away. She said "well, never mind. I thought I'd thank you for your service and welcome you home. But, never mind." Thanks. A bunch.
How sick is that. I might hang up on you (to me you're like a telemarketer, I'm not interested), but what that woman did is way out of line. Anyone in the military deserves respect, at least on par with normal people. Then again, I have no issues with people going into the military to fight. If they want to do it, its their choice.

Due to politics, recruiting is a thankless job. Good luck with it and remember to equivocate.
#175553 - 06/22/08 04:23 AM Re: movin along...
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Candelario:
I'm pretty sure I hate the Army side of recruiting. The command puts so much un-needed stress on it's recruiters, it's unreal. Then putting up with the "I know I'm fully qualified for Service, but I think I'm too good to even sit down with you to hear my options..." Oh, and getting cussed out by parents. And getting hung up on. It's best explained like this: As soon as I identify myself as an Army Recruiter, it's suddenly ok to treat me as sub-human. Case in point? ok, here it is: I was in uniform doing a little bit grocery shopping before going home for dinner. A little old biddy saw me and asked if I'm home from the war. I said sorta. She cocked her head to the side and smiled and asked how so. I explained that I've been home for a few years now, then said I'm here in Lufkin as an Army Recruiter. Her smile faded into disgust and she looked down and away. She said "well, never mind. I thought I'd thank you for your service and welcome you home. But, never mind." Thanks. A bunch.
Dude, that's crap! WTF is wrong with people? Why does recruiting make you scum? That makes no sense to me.

Know that we here at GP.net thank you for your service. thumbsup
#175554 - 06/22/08 04:21 PM Re: movin along...
Lino Offline
Loc: Memphis, TN
Good Luck to you and the house. To the situation with the little ole biddy. I was in the Army for four years and it is job just like anything else. I have the upmost respect to anyone who puts his life on hold for millions of people to protect their freedom. Keep your head up Rich I got nothin but love for you with I was still in it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2590135
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3