Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176109 - 03/06/05 07:32 AM GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I've been wondering about this for while now. I know the guys over at DodgeIntrepid.net managed to pull it off a couple of times even though I never attended. Mostly because the site admin was in the Chicago area so thats where he threw the meet. Getting such an event off the ground is no small feat and I realize it means a major vacation for pretty much everyone involved. Those with families (and wives) find this to be a tough sell in most cases. I know the Chrysler 300 owners pulled off a pretty cool meet by hooking up with DaimlerChrysler and getting a tour of the assembly plant. They did food at nearby drive in (which the place reserved just for them) and then a Sunday cruise followed by a show-n-shine. Carlisle PA is always a huge show but getting a space for your group takes some doing as I understand it...Ita really more of a thought than anything else. We talk so much here about everything we do it just seems like a meet would be a natural...maybe Brian at PFYC could organize something for us?...btw, where are our cars built anyways?

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#176110 - 03/06/05 08:27 AM Re: GP meet?
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
I think a meet would be great! We are so spread out though, it'd be tough. I know that on ClubGP the regional forums (sw, se, ne, etc.) are often arranging small meets for like a three/four state area, but to be completely honest I really have no interest in meeting the type of people that frequent clubgp, from what I've seen go on at that site. Well T-bat, you've got someone to second your idea... let's see if we can manage to work something out. laugh

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#176111 - 03/06/05 09:34 AM Re: GP meet?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I would go, no doubt I would go.
I do agree it would be a tough challenge because we are spread out so much.

Our cars, up to '02, were built in Kansas City. From '03 and up, they are built in Canada.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176112 - 03/06/05 09:53 AM Re: GP meet?
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I would definately like to attend but like most would need some advance notice ,T-bat why do'nt you see if you can organize a central meet spot and see how many could attend.
#176113 - 03/06/05 11:26 AM Re: GP meet?
Canadian GTP Offline
Loc: Edmonton Alberta
Well, it's done then. We'll meet in Canada... HA! Anyway, I'd definately consider coming down. It would be nice actually if I could order some parts and send the to someones house down in the states, meet by there and install them there. - That alone would almost pay for the trip in savings.

Perhaps someone could do a geographic survey of all interested and find out what we need to deal with in terms of a common meeting place. (Someone more familiar with the States) Then people could figure out how far they would have to go.

Intense PCM, 3.5" Pulley, SLP C.A.I, 3" D/P, Flipped FSB, U-Bend Delete, Flowmaster 50 Series, Autolite 605's, Drilled 180 Thermo, Falken FK-451's (245/45ZR18), Motegi FF7 Hyper Black 18x7.5, SS Grills, Tint & Overlays here and there.
#176114 - 03/06/05 02:41 PM Re: GP meet?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I'm game for some place that would be with in a 12 hour drive from Portland Maine. Some time in the summer.
#176115 - 03/06/05 03:41 PM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
12 hours from Maine puts you somewhere in Pennsylvania...right?...oh wait, is that 12 hours drive time or flight time?

#176116 - 03/06/05 04:41 PM Re: GP meet?
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
I say since most of our cars were "born" in Kansas City we meet there. Its only fair that they all get to see their "home town" one more time laugh

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
#176117 - 03/06/05 06:15 PM Re: GP meet?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
12 hours from Maine puts you somewhere in Pennsylvania...right?...oh wait, is that 12 hours drive time or flight time?
Drive time LOL. Now if only I could talk the squadron into hauling my car for me. Actually I don't think I'd wanna haul my car on the plane. Not very many places to put tie down chains. I'd have to put enough chains on it to restrain it for 3gs of decelerating force.
#176118 - 03/06/05 07:53 PM Re: GP meet?
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
With enough planning and advance notice this thing could come together quite well. And besides, most hotels and exhibits offer group discounts, we'd just have to confirm who could go and where and when and what to do... head spinning from the thought of all that planning kooky

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#176119 - 03/07/05 01:00 AM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
I noticed Austin posted in another thread that Texas Motor Speedway host events where you get to drive your car on the track and get pics in victory lane...I personally think that would be off-the-charts cool!...the drawback being of course that Texas aint exactly central. I think the Kansas City idea has merit but I dont know what else is nearby out there. I think It would be awesome to have a track day. We have RIR here in Richmond and Virginia Motorsports Park in nearby Dinwiddie County (dragstrip)...of course the North Carolina area has more than its share of racetracks (theres gotta be someplace else that does what TMS does...plus we need a cruise-in spot with good food for a show-n-shine...there is a local car club called "Southern Knights Cruisers" that does shows for charity events...maybe they might have some good info...you guys fire away with any ideas yo uhave here...there are no bad suggestions.

#176120 - 03/07/05 01:04 AM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I'd have to put enough chains on it to restrain it for 3gs of decelerating force. [/QB]
no probs there Herc, just throw on a set of these cool new rotors and you can just sit inside and hold the brakes! crazy

#176121 - 03/07/05 01:25 AM Re: GP meet?
Jason2002GT Offline
Loc: Fargo North Dakota
Any memeber from Kansas? Maybe we could meet near the Kansas Nascar Track? Maybe they have an event like the one in Texas? Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.....?

Jason 2002GT/u-bend delete/SLP muffs
#176122 - 03/07/05 07:35 AM Re: GP meet?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:
quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
I'd have to put enough chains on it to restrain it for 3gs of decelerating force.
no probs there Herc, just throw on a set of these cool new rotors and you can just sit inside and hold the brakes! cheers crazy
#176123 - 03/07/05 11:17 AM Re: GP meet?
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Sounds awesome. Hhmmm, where to meet???

BTW, there's a nice race track in the Chicago area. It's next to a horse track just in case you feel 'lucky'.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >