Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176124 - 03/07/05 08:02 PM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
maybe each of us that has a track nearby should check and see what the cost/time/availability of such an event would be...plus food places and hotels...if everybody digs for some info, we're bound to come up with something...maybe we should be checking for the best location for what makes a good/fun meet...it may not be the most central, but any way you slice it some are gonna have to travel farther than others...I think each of us should kinda prepare ourselves for something say in a years time (gives us plenty of prep time)...and if your home area turns out to be the best place for the meet, then we'll have to count on you for info and arrangements there...sound cool?...I'll try to check in with Richmond Raceway, Virginia Motorsports and Virginia International. Although I think VIR is a gorgeous facility, its located near Danville and there aint much else nearby (I mean not even a gas station)...Va Motorsprts Pk has potential as long as we dont clash with any of his national event dates...but thats just a dragstrip (although that could still be cool. we could give a trophy for fastest GP, best show-n-go, best cruiser and so on)...I'll get back with some info.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#176125 - 03/07/05 10:06 PM Re: GP meet?
DoberManJT Offline
Loc: North Carolina - Raleigh/Cary
Hey, don't forget the award for best 3100 lol
I'll check it out around here. I'm pretty much smack in the middle of NC, see what the various tracks have to offer. There's plenty of good food out here, and the weather is usually inoffensive

04 GTO Impulse Blue Metallic, LPE intake system, headers, dyno tune from "RPM"

http://photobucket.com/albums/v221/Dobermanjt/GrandPrix/
#176126 - 03/07/05 10:21 PM Re: GP meet?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
I wouldn't mind going to the Carolina's, do some NASCAR team shop tours.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176127 - 03/08/05 12:29 AM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
hey Herc...think you could pull off North Carolina?...thats definitely a short hop for me and it is considered the Mecca of NASCAR...we need someone to check out whats in Kansas City as well.

#176128 - 03/08/05 06:21 AM Re: GP meet?
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
I think Kansas City would work for me anyway ,lets get a time frame that everyone can work with and we need a planning commity,trophies sound like a great idea (i could always add to my collection) LOL ,how about some time in May?the weather should be nice, lets hear some input.
#176129 - 03/08/05 06:52 AM Re: GP meet?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
NC is do able. Just need some good lead time. To get a few days off.
#176130 - 03/08/05 08:40 AM Re: GP meet?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Anytime will work with me, except May 14th. That's the Laps for Charity at TMS. I've already decided If this gets off the ground, I'm going!

If Bristol did anything like the laps for charity, that would be cool too. I'd love to take my car around Bristol, 36* banking... WOO HOO!

If we're going to be near a race track, maybe we can see if there's a truck race at that track that we could go to. Truck races are just as exciting as the cars, just that there is a lot less of a crowd. You can walk up to the ticket window an hour before the race starts and buy tickets. I think Daytona is the only truck race they sell out.

A trip to Daytona USA would also be cool.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176131 - 03/08/05 09:42 AM Re: GP meet?
Canadian GTP Offline
Loc: Edmonton Alberta
Well, that's as far away as possible for me, so make sure you guys take LOTS of pics!

Intense PCM, 3.5" Pulley, SLP C.A.I, 3" D/P, Flipped FSB, U-Bend Delete, Flowmaster 50 Series, Autolite 605's, Drilled 180 Thermo, Falken FK-451's (245/45ZR18), Motegi FF7 Hyper Black 18x7.5, SS Grills, Tint & Overlays here and there.
#176132 - 03/09/05 02:06 AM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
I just thought about this, if GP used to be built in Kansas City, what are they building there now?

#176133 - 03/10/05 09:43 PM Re: GP meet?
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Loc: Long Beach,MS
We have this annual event every Oct. down here in Mississippi thats called Cruising the Coast. People from all over w/ cars from every decade come down here for it. This past year there were like 5k cars registered for it. Plus alot more just showed up. Its a week long scheduled event. Lots of different events go on like concerts, burnout allies, parades. The whole event goes through like 7 or 8 different towns. Its really cool seeing all the cars cruising up and down the beach. Would be cool to see a big GP invasion for it. Just a thought...What you all think???
#176134 - 03/11/05 05:10 AM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
joining an already organized event has its advantages for sure...just like Carlisle and other events from GoodGuys...and it might be a good way for us to get started since we wouldnt have to plan it all...definitely worth considering...thanx for the info thumbsup

#176135 - 03/11/05 08:22 AM Re: GP meet?
wishitwasaGTP Offline
That what I figured too. No planning for it the first time or 2 would at leat get it off the ground. There is a website Ill post if there is more interest on it.
#176136 - 03/13/05 09:00 PM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
I asked around and I dont think Richmond International does any kind of charity day like the one at Texas...but then again, trying to actually get ahold of someone who can make a decision...go figure.

#176137 - 03/21/05 03:49 PM Re: GP meet?
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Heres that link on Cruisin the Coast...

http://www.cruisinthecoast.com/
#176138 - 03/22/05 05:17 PM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
thanx for the link, that looks like it might be pretty cool...we could just hook up for almost any part of it...might be able to talk my wife into that for a vacation...I still dig the idea of being able to take our cars around a track though...that plus the pictures would be way cool!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >