Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176139 - 03/23/05 01:25 PM Re: GP meet?
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Loc: Long Beach,MS
Its a really cool event. There would be no planning on our part. All we'd have to do is just see how many could make it and just met up. Im hoping some interest will come of it.
#176140 - 03/23/05 01:51 PM Re: GP meet?
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
there is always the Indy motorspeedway also,

and I would definately be down to travel a ways if we get a meet together

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#176141 - 03/23/05 03:05 PM Re: GP meet?
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Indy... now that's a good idea.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#176142 - 03/23/05 06:11 PM Re: GP meet?
KyleGT Offline
Loc: Madison, WI
Hmm... The Grand Prix factory is in Kansas city, isn't it? I think it'd be cool to do like a group tour of the place

Galaxy Silver Metallic 2001 GT ~ 70k miles Eclipse CD5425 deck, Eclipse & Kenwood speakers, Silverstars, rear bumper inlays, debadged, Flowmaster Super 40s and Gibson tips
#176143 - 03/23/05 06:14 PM Re: GP meet?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Grand Prix plant WAS in Kansas City, Kansas.
Begining with the '03 model, it's now in Canada.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176144 - 03/24/05 12:52 AM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I dont know if Indy does any kind of event where they would let you take your car on the track...but being able to go to Indy would be awesome...the granddaddy of all racing in the USA...to get a shot of my ride on the"stripe of bricks" would be fantastic!...I think I remember seeing something over at ClubGP where a local chapter got together at Lowes MotorSpeedway (Charlotte) and got to do some laps there...just not sure where I saw it.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#176145 - 03/24/05 08:09 AM Re: GP meet?
4rsssfed_grandprix98 Offline
Loc: South Bend
That is actually happening on april 8th, this year, I was going to go, but didnt get signed up quick enough to hang out with all the other GP'rs on pit road so I dont really want to drive all the way to have to park somewhere else, but it should be a pretty cool event

VS Cam,CompCams lifters,ZZPpushrods,Rollmaster double,4"intake,PLog headers,3"exhaust,IntensePCM,3.3"mps,ZZPHDTrans,3.29gears,2500 stall,GMPP adjustable suspension,TB spacer,160*tstat
#176146 - 03/25/05 10:08 AM Re: GP meet?
AustinGTP Offline
If this actually gets off the ground, maybe where ever we end up, we could locate a dyno and see if we could get a group rate on all of us getting dyno'd.

ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176147 - 04/05/05 04:09 PM Re: GP meet?
wishitwasaGTP Offline
Loc: Long Beach,MS
Has anyone been giving a serious thought on having a met?
#176148 - 04/05/05 04:20 PM Re: GP meet?
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
During a NASCAR race, I was thinking about Indy 500 weekend. I know that would be crazy but it would be cool.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#176149 - 04/10/05 09:25 PM Re: GP meet?
AustinGTP Offline
Here's what the Southwest region has to offer:

TMS Laps for Charity. Plans can be made for next year in May, or this year in September.
I'm sure I could find someone in the DFW area with a dyno and we could all get dyno'd at a group rate. We could get that done one day.
Malibu Grand Prix Speedzone either on Friday night or Saturday afternoon. We could get some competition going. They've got 4 events, two are timed, and the other two are head to head. One with up to 15 cars at a time (slick track), and one with 20 cars at a time (grip track).
Dragsters and Grand Prix tracks are timed events. I could possibly get with Brian and have him donate 4 $25 gift certificates to go to the winner of each of the four events.
End it all on Saturday evening with the Laps for Charity event held at TMS. 3 paced laps for $25, plus another $10 to have your pic taken in Victory Lane. Dallas area GP owners usually show up for this, we could hook up with them on the way in so we all go in together.
There's also a GM truck plant in Arlington, but I haven't been able to find anything about taking a tour there. Not sure if they even give tours. I'll have to find a number for them and call.
Plus there are numurous other things to do in the DFW area.
There are also a couple of drag strips in the area. We could do that on Friday night.

Unfortunatley I know this will be too far for some to travel, but that's what I've come up with for this region.
What else is out there.
Who has any other ideas.

#176150 - 04/11/05 12:34 AM Re: GP meet?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
thanx for the info Austin...those things sound like they would be a good dose of fun (lets just remember to find things for those of us who have wives and girlfriends who aren't car nuts)...like you said, plenty to do around that area...I'm still trying to dig up info for around here (RIR) but still have nothing yet...we have plenty of other things here but they arent local to the track so it would involve some moving around...Texas is quite a hike for me and for some others but that is a cool list of things to do...of course its a hike for you guys to travel too (Texas is just so darn big!)...we'll need to gather some more info and see if we can get a concensus on something...so far we have "Cruisin on the Coast" (Ole Miss) and the "Texas Motor Speedway Malibu Blast" (hey, we gotta call it somethin!)

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#176151 - 04/11/05 10:24 PM Re: GP meet?
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I'll be at the TMS laps for Charity this year...

I think it would be awesome to do the Hot Rod Power Tour......IMO.........
#176152 - 04/11/05 10:35 PM Re: GP meet?
AustinGTP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by TexasGP:
I'll be at the TMS laps for Charity this year...
I'll be in touch with you later on next month. I'm going this year too.

#176153 - 04/12/05 01:25 AM Re: GP meet?
TexasGP Offline
Loc: Georgetown, Texas
I believe Mike(99GT2dr) will be taking one of his GP's too. And I believe Dove5295 from clubgp, say he is going to try and make it. I know his car is at Loyds right now though