Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176257 - 06/29/05 05:49 PM Burocracy
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
How is in USA and Canada?
I'm in a trouble here cause, i need to make a semestral verification of my car, because of pollution, tomorrow is my last day, i realize last week that i loose a document so i went to the gov. offices and they send me to 4 different offices within 1 1/2 weeks just to say i need to make a letter for this f*** executive. Couldn't they told me that almost 2 weeks ago???, now i will have to pay a ticket plus the verification cause they will last more than a week to deliver this paper i lost, and my last day is tomorrow...I HATE THIS PROCEDURES!!!

Thanks for lending me your shoulder no

----------------------------------
My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#176258 - 06/29/05 05:52 PM Re: Burocracy
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
It depends on which state you live in the US.

For us in Oregon, you just pay to register every 2 years I think.

Some other places you register every year AND have to do the emissions test to make sure your car doesn't pollute.
#176259 - 06/29/05 06:04 PM Re: Burocracy
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
That sucks.
#176260 - 06/29/05 06:21 PM Re: Burocracy
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Yes Alex buracracies are a pain here as well. I think it comes down to people just being lazy and not trying to help. I bet that first person knew what you needed to do but wanted you out of their hair and said go see this guy. And you just get passed around. Customer service is a lost art.
#176261 - 06/29/05 08:44 PM Re: Burocracy
snowcrash Offline
Loc: charlotte, nc
around here in NC, you have to have emissions/inspections every year, but ususally you have 3 months after the year to get it done or they will find you like $250 and not allow you to renew your tag until you pay the fine and also get it inspected.
dhp 1.0
#176262 - 06/30/05 02:40 AM Re: Burocracy
RyanJ Offline
Loc: Warren, Michigan
Here in MI you have to register yearly, all you need is a proof of insurance. no emitions test of any kind, they dont even look at your car.

'99 GP GT, Custom CAI, 180 T-Stat, U-bend Delete, NGK TR55IX plugs and Taylor Super Spiro wires.
#176263 - 06/30/05 08:23 AM Re: Burocracy
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Austin is about to start emissions testing, because the Gulf breeze brings polution for Houston this way and when Mexico burns it's sugar fields the wind brings the smoke all the way to Austin and all the freaking tree huggers around here are crying about it.
So yeah, let's emissions test everyone... That'll stop the Mexican smoke from coming into Austin. mad

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176264 - 06/30/05 09:46 AM Re: Burocracy
BryantGTP Offline
Loc: Franklin, MA
tree huggers... no
#176265 - 06/30/05 08:41 PM Re: Burocracy
Daniel Offline
Loc: Virginia
Viginia does emissions once every 2 years for certain "high population" counties. It runs about $25 for a test at most local gas stations and you can't renew your registration until they pass you. Honestly I'm kind of glad we have it around here because if we didn't with the sheer amount of cars on the road today I'd choke the second I stepped outside (Washington D.C. suburbs)
#176266 - 06/30/05 09:08 PM Re: Burocracy
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
California emissions test every two years. Maine safety inspection every year to include check engine light, and cat installed. If the check engine light is on you fail if your cat is removed you fail.
#176267 - 07/01/05 12:04 PM Re: Burocracy
Alex Offline
Loc: Mexico City
Well i'm not proud of it but i have to participate on the corruption system here, i spent the whole day yesterday trying to do the things the right way but...is not possible, since this verification of my emissions ended yesterday for my car, so they didn't know how to help me, i found a way and my car has now a sticker that says it is low emissions (and this is real) i made a pre-verification and my baby has no problems with that, the problem is the paper job.

My GP went away after more than 5 years of nice driving, good trips all along mexican territory, some mods, stories and headaches, I'm gonna miss it!
#176268 - 07/02/05 04:35 AM Re: Burocracy
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
I'm glad its around too. The emission tests are easy since they just plug it up to the PCM.

Its every two years here.

Yea, the pollution is starting to get bad around my area too. I rather have these emission tests than have no state emission test and wait to see what happens.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#176269 - 07/02/05 04:44 PM Re: Burocracy
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Kansas doesn't do squat, but they do offer coupons for free cans of vaseline when you renew your tags every year cause it is so friggin high to tag, etc!!!!! laugh laugh laugh
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#176270 - 07/02/05 05:07 PM Re: Burocracy
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Another thing this wonderful city of mine is doing. All the new roads that are being built right now, by my tax dollars, not from a private company, they are going to toll all of the new roads. Therefore causing whoever drives down the to pay twice. Once from our tax's and then you have to pay the bozo's that work for the CTRMA. The toll goes to pay for the people that work for the CTRMA, not to pay for the upkeep of the roads, or to pay for building the roads like normal toll roads work. Our tax dollars are paying for all that.
Austin is the only city in the whole US of A that is going to be operated in this manner.

How 'bout I stand in front of your driveway and charge you a dollar everytime you go in and out of it? It's your driveway, you bought it when you bought your house, but you have to pay me for standing here and collecting a toll from you. That's what's going on down here in "Goofy Town".

mad banghead

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#176271 - 07/02/05 05:17 PM Re: Burocracy
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Man that just goes to prove that politicians are only out for one thing: Money, and they don't care who they screw in the process
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >