Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177051 - 09/21/08 11:20 PM Re: traded the Sebring
palsut Offline
Loc: Batavia, Ohio
lol... okay it is not race car then but I have bad ass car wink If it has 3800 engine then it should be "race car". I'm not going install 3800 engine. I will get GXP V8 engine. ohhh be afraid... just kidding lol

I agree... butterfly look sweet on your Pt. lol

Not bad looking from photochop.
#177052 - 09/21/08 11:23 PM Re: traded the Sebring
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
that PS looks sweet t-bat. go for it!
#177053 - 09/22/08 06:59 AM Re: traded the Sebring
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
ok here it goes, i like the idea tbat, the graphic looks sweet as heck, but so far you are planning on alot of money into this PT, because the way it looks in the photoshop your are painting from a bodyline up (hood- around ) allready if you are planning on doing that thats some $$ personaly i wouldnt do it, you could take that money and sink it into the gp, but yet its your car your money and hey if it makes you happy go for it, but thats just a amount of change i dont think i personaly could do to a pt.
#177054 - 09/22/08 07:30 AM Re: traded the Sebring
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:

As much as a fan of dark over light two tone paint I don't care much for this rendition. Reason being if you follow the hood line like you did all the way back it's too flat for me. Counter intuitive to the rounded lines on the PT.

Now if you brought the front down and followed the curve of the fender and maybe a small dip in the middle with a curve in the rear it would look better.
#177055 - 09/22/08 07:24 PM Re: traded the Sebring
Richard Candelario Offline
I'd hafta see a rendition of what Herc's talkin about, but I am a big fan of that chop, TBat.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#177056 - 09/23/08 01:35 AM Re: traded the Sebring
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
the PT is a tall vehicle and thats why I decided on the darker tu-tone because it visually lowers the look of the car and breaks up the big chunk of side body. I do know what you mean about the curved lines of the lower half and bulging fenders. I considered a stripe very similar in shape to this graphic...
PT stripe

However the more I played with this idea (wanting to place the hawk inside the stripe) the more busy and over done I think it began to look. I am considering checking with a guy that does pinstriping at the richmond rod & custom show each year to see if he could do the hawk graphic and leave out the black background which I think would be more subtle and "ghost-like"...I'll have to try another chop for effect but I love the tu-tone on the Mulholland Edition Prowler and several other 32s I've seen that stuck with the straight lines.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4