Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178578 - 07/26/05 03:21 PM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
framos242 Offline
Loc: Chicago, IL
Got one better Austin,

the driver who pulls right in front of you and then slows down with no other car in front of him/her.
DHP V1.0, Slotted rotors, S/S Brake Lines, Custom CAI, GMPP Handling Kit, KYB's, Jimmy C DP (U-Bend delete w/ Hi-flow cat), Flowmaster Super 40's, drilled 180° T-Stat, Alt. Rewire & Alt. Voltage Booster Combo, 605's, ZZP Motor Mounts

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I am NOT mad!" - Dali
#178579 - 07/26/05 04:10 PM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
nad Offline
Loc: Imperial MO
Wow, always wanted to rant about this type of thing.

First off, door slammers, hate them, yell at them, never works.

Second off, people too lazy to walk to a cart corral and put their cart in it. I used to push carts at a grocery store, and you won't believe the dents and dings I've seen made by carts, plus it was more work for me when someone didn't put it in the cart corral. B*stards.

Third, People scuffing up your door panels/all plastic trim with they're shoes, especially when their shoes are dirty. My sister likes to use her shoe to open my door from the inside, resulting in a nice big scuff print right after i just armor alled the interior.

People who: Think your car is a seat/sit on the hood, trunk, etc. or lean against your panels.

People who put as many hand prints as possible on the door in the process of opening it.

People who drive in the fast lane on a 2 lane one way road, even if someone(me) is riding about 3 feet from their rear bumper because they're going 5 or 10 MPH UNDER the speed limit.

People cut you off to the point that they almost rip the front bumper off your car, then go the same speed you are, so you actually have to hit your brakes to keep from rear ending them.

People who can't keep their cars between the lines...It's not that hard.

Beautiful young ladies driving their husbands $50,000 Escalade or Suburban, but can't park it worth sh*t.

The list goes on and on, can't wait to see some others.

-Dan-

SOLD-1998 Grand Prix GT with 148K. Infinity Reference 5.25s, Pioneer 4 way 6x9s, Yokohama AS430s, Open cone K&N intake, Front strut bar,180* Powerstat, Dual glasspack mufflers w/ removed resonator, and painted under-hood components.-SOLD-

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 81K, 3" turbo-back exhaust, open cone intake, hard IC piping, boost controller, GReddy Type-S BOV, more to come.
#178580 - 07/26/05 05:14 PM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
my number one pet peeve about other drivers is when they don't realize that if they just take their foot off the gas the car will decelerate so they can maintain a certain speed. I'm talking about those people that when traveling down a straight road at say 35 mph they are constantly on the gas on the brake on the gas on the brake on the gas on the brake.

Number one pet peeve for passengers is feet on the dash!!! Is there carpet on there? No!! so feet don't belong do they!!!
#178581 - 07/26/05 06:11 PM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
...not to mention if something were to happen and the pass air bag went off, they'd have their toes jammed in their eyes before they knew what happend.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.
#178582 - 07/27/05 02:52 AM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
TrishGTP Offline
Loc: Texas
Ok you guys are sooo right about all of those things...they eat at me all the time. Here are some of the main things that make me mad!!
1. People who are leaving a parking lot and decide to wait to last minute to pull out in front of you, like they never saw you coming, and then go as slow as they possibly can. mad
2. I can not stand people who pay absolutely no attention to the road...ie talking on the cell phone....or just plain stupid!!
3. This will sound weird coming from me (a girl) I have never met another girl who knows how to drive. All the girls I know do everything on here that y'all hate. I believe and have been told I'm the only girl any guy knows that knows how to really drive! wink but who knows... (i did grow up with my dad driving, well practically racing everywhere...I guess I learned from the best!!!!!) Therefore I hate girl drivers!!!!!
4. People who cut you off and then when they are already in your lane turn their blinker on...
5. And the biggest of all.....all the older women who drive SUV's but really don't know how to handle a car that big....and all ways has a cell phone glued to her ear....(every woman here in this area have a suv and a phone glued to their ear...)
Well there is my 2 cents on that!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857201
#178583 - 07/27/05 05:04 AM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
how bout when you got the cruise set and come up on a car, then right as you are next to him, he floors it, like he's saying " I'll be G*&&^%$ED if YOU are going to pass me, F&^%$R. that REALLY pisses me off, more later

Oh wait I for got one: Dads you're gonna love this: the infamous "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?........)
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#178584 - 07/27/05 10:26 AM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I'm pretty tolerant and relaxed about most stuff. The main things that bug me are:

1. People that turn out in front of you when there is NO ONE for miles behind you. I ususally floor it and pass these people.

2. People who don't use blinkers. We aren't psychics. Simple communication of where you are aiming your 2,500 lb vehicle is all I ask.

3. People who slam on their brakes BEFORE they pull over into a turn lane. Turn lanes are long so that you can get over, then decelerate. Every day I go to work on a 55 mph road with a left turn lane that runs the length of the highway. And, every morning I get stuck behind some nut job who has to use their brakes to get down to 35 (and almost causes a wreck behind us as cars pile up) just so they can get into the turn lane.

Whew. I think that's all. Food in the car does bug me, but normally I don't let people bring food or drinks in my car.

I've never had anyone put their feet on the dash or not wear a seatbelt or slam my doors. Call me lucky.
#178585 - 07/27/05 10:50 AM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
Arcxnus Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by TrishGTP:
5. And the biggest of all.....all the older women who drive SUV's but really don't know how to handle a car that big....and all ways has a cell phone glued to her ear....(every woman here in this area have a suv and a phone glued to their ear...)
I'm gonna put this with the people who "need" and SUV then complain about it, because it's usually them. So.obnoxious. That's just dumb people in general. I'm afraid my mom almost became one of those people when we traded the Cadillac in and she wanted an Explorer. Me and my dad just kinda looked at her and he got her a Sierra Z71. lol

I'm inclined to agree with the girl drivers thing, too, even though I'm a girl and I'm guilty of doing some dumb things too, but we're all guilty of it, even if only once. It's just that most girls aren't interested in cars because of the stereotype of "it's a guy thing" and they're afraid of being different or something. *shrug* I wonder how many accidents could have been avoided just by knowing a few things about the car you're driving ..
#178586 - 07/27/05 08:51 PM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
Jizz Offline
Loc: Central Maryland
Start post about what you do not like. crazy

Joke
#178587 - 07/27/05 09:54 PM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
TastyBake Offline
Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:

I'm inclined to agree with the girl drivers thing, too, even though I'm a girl and I'm guilty of doing some dumb things too, but we're all guilty of it, even if only once. It's just that most girls aren't interested in cars because of the stereotype of "it's a guy thing" and they're afraid of being different or something. *shrug* I wonder how many accidents could have been avoided just by knowing a few things about the car you're driving ..
I rather have folks kown defensive driving than know what a S/C does. If some knew that, there would be more accidents.

[GONE]
GenV GTP engine, 12" Brakes, CAI, 3" DP, HighFlo Cat, 180 T-Stat, Aeroforce Gauge, Front STB, Stinger Fiberglass hood, Reflective Graphics.
#178588 - 07/27/05 11:20 PM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
Arcxnus Offline
Well .. I didn't mean it in the MY KAR GO FAST LOL way. lol I meant as in, its limitations and not being stupid in it. Some people just don't respect their cars, and in turn, don't respect others'.
#178589 - 07/28/05 05:39 PM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
I've got a new one.

I was going 60 today in the right hand lane (55 mph). Woman behind me decides to pass, so I'm ok with that, I'm in no hurry to get to work.

She waves when she cuts in front of me as if to say "thanks" and I figure she just was in a hurry to get on the highway.

But then the psycho slams on her brakes and makes a hard right for a drive thru espresso stand.

I was fuming. I still cannot believe she needed her espresso that bad that she couldn't stay behind me for half a mile...especially when I was going 5 over the speed limit.
#178590 - 07/29/05 01:21 AM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
that happens alot here in waco most people dont seem to be able to read signs that say exit 1/4 mile as they are going 90 and get pissed when you dont slam on your brakes to let them suddenly change lanes or if your in the right lane they will pass you then cut across traffic suddenly at the last possible moment to get on the exit ramp.

#178591 - 07/29/05 01:37 AM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
Dementeddj Offline
Loc: Kansas (Redneck Country)
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:
that happens alot here in waco most people dont seem to be able to read signs that say exit 1/4 mile as they are going 90 and get pissed when you dont slam on your brakes to let them suddenly change lanes or if your in the right lane they will pass you then cut across traffic suddenly at the last possible moment to get on the exit ramp.
Man if the drivers in texas are that bad, then maybe I'll revoke my inquiry at work to transfer to Waco crazy
98 GTP GMPP handling kit, HomemadeFWI, MSD coils, Taylor wires, 180 drilled tstat, TR6IX plugs, Intense STD PCM, JimmyC DP, Thrasher shift kit (mild setting), AGX/Intrigue spring setup, drilled/slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Hopefully more to come
#178592 - 07/29/05 03:55 AM Re: Things that people do with/to cars that irk you...
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
dont come to waco it is one of the worst places that you could think of living. people that live here dont think that it is that bad but we have one of the highest STD rates in the country. Texas State Technical College here in Waco is rated number one for technical schools with HIV. Mclennan community college is infested with the clap and Baylor has every known STD by plus 12 only known in sharks... kooky

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >