Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180119 - 03/26/09 02:10 AM Seriously, what is wrong with California?
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Banning dark-colored cars to help the environment

W...T...F... banghead banghead

And if there is anyone here to is offended by any anti-California comments I make in the ensuing topic...deal with it.
#180120 - 03/26/09 04:15 AM Re: Seriously, what is wrong with California?
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I'm thinking there is something going in the water somewhere between the Colorado river and the time it makes it over to the coast. Too much urination in the mountains perhaps?

OR maybe someone told AH-nold he cant drive his big black Hummer anymore and he is so ticked that he plans to screw it up for everyone.

Gallagher got it right long ago when he said "American in California are just all pissed off...they have no place left to migrate to...thats why they build piers!"

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#180121 - 03/26/09 04:21 AM Re: Seriously, what is wrong with California?
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
My history teacher my junior year of high school called it the granola state - cuz it's full of fruits, flakes, and nuts. lol
#180122 - 03/26/09 09:00 AM Re: Seriously, what is wrong with California?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I guess all the states problems are solved?

Those in CA write your congressmen. This ranks up there with I think NJ wanting to make brazillian waxes illegal and another state wants to make tachs mandatory on all motorcycles.

I see a flaw in the CARB's plan. What about those who live where it gets cold? They are going to have to run the car longer to get the heat going then the guy in the summer to get the A/C flowing. Now put a black car in the cold climate and you won't need to warm the car up for heat inside.
#180123 - 03/26/09 10:57 AM Re: Seriously, what is wrong with California?
Zalfrin Offline
Loc: Iowa City, IA
There's another environmental arguement I've heard against dark vehicles. Insects think black surfaces are water, especially slick black surfaces like a car (or, ironically, solar panels). Then they lay eggs where they will die instead of in nutrient-rich water.

*shrug*