Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180319 - 04/11/08 12:25 AM So I've been making my own mods for TESIV: Oblivion...
lonezergling Offline
Loc: Waterford, WI
Remember that Mechwarrior 4 Vulture I modeled? (maybe I never posted that but I posted my MadCat)

Composed of white marble, she's fully textured, normal-mapped, and collision modeled.

A little too shiny on the left side for my tastes but it may just be the lighting in the area.

Other mods have been a custom sword as a first project, a re-modeling of an Akaviri katana to mock Kadaj's katana from FFVII:AC, a Sai for my gf, and my person pride and joy, a somewhat function replication of Samus Aran's arm cannon!

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/venomman/
"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#180320 - 04/11/08 12:44 AM Re: So I've been making my own mods for TESIV: Oblivion...
RooK Offline
Loc: Southern KY
That's hilarious. laugh

Be sure to post any mods, I'll try them out. I haven't played Oblivion in a while, but it sounds like an excuse for a new character.
#180321 - 04/11/08 01:01 AM Re: So I've been making my own mods for TESIV: Oblivion...
lonezergling Offline
I'd be happy to give you my mods. That is, once I manage to stop hard-coding my texture paths frown

I put them all on my gf's computer and only the Sai and lightsaber (oh yeah, i made a lightsaber too!) had their textures, the rest were just big pink shapes.

"If you are asking if you can do it, you can't. When you have learned enough to know that you can do it, you are able to." -me
#180322 - 04/11/08 11:23 AM Re: So I've been making my own mods for TESIV: Oblivion...
20gtp02 Offline
How are you making these things? And you made the creature thing right?

#180323 - 04/11/08 08:21 PM Re: So I've been making my own mods for TESIV: Oblivion...
lonezergling Offline
I'm not sure what creatue thing you are talking about.

But as far as making these things, I used;

-BSAcommander: It's a utility that unpacks all of oblivions .nif and .dds files. (.nif is the mesh/object file, and .dds is for textures)
-I used Google SketchUp to model, then imported the model into Blender with the apropriate plug-ins.
-Nifscope: Nifscope is really the most important tool. It controls where meshes find their textures in the data files (this is where hard-coding comes in) as well as all the physics and lighting information.
-Then lastly, you use the Elder Scrolls:Construction Set to put your creations into the game.

This all was very difficult to learn because there is just so much and it has to be done just that certain way. But through much trial and error, there isn't a whole lot I can't mod anymore. Once you've learned it all, it's really just patience that keeps you from making stuff.

There are a few things I'm still trying to do though. One is custom arrows. I can get them into the game, modeled with physics and everything, but ym character won't draw an arrow onto the bow and hence, no arrow gets fired, though the count goes down.

Then, I need to try making a custom bow too, that being a challenge in and of itself. But we'll get to that later.

If you guys want any links to sites for tools,readmes, or tutorials, I've got like 8 links full of em.

I'll try and get some pics up tonight of my other stuff.