Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#180463 - 03/27/08 08:47 PM Crutchfield,com You have got to love them
72chevman Offline
Loc: Where Dorthy,Toto & Wicked Wit...
I ordered two amps and two subs for two different vehicles I am currently building subs boxes for. I built the first box Tuesday. I got the car to my house and ran all the wiring yesterday. Today I wired it all up. Crap! No bass from the sub. In fact, the amp's LED lights would flicker when hooked up. I assumed I had a bad or wrong connection. After over an hour of checking and double checking my connections, I take the other amp and wire it bare to the amp. I get sound. Did I forget to hook up the amp in the box? Is there strands of wire touching the + and - posts? I take the box out of the car, take off my trim ring, take the speaker out of the box, and nope, everything is perfect. Bad subwoofer. Luckily the subs were the same so I put the 2nd sub in this box and put everything back together. I called Crutchfield. The new sub will be here Monday and they emailed me a RMA and shipping label for the bad sub. Not their fault, but they made it right. Gotta love great customer service.

Lessons learned. Test the sub first & test it once it is wired into the box.
Keep ordering from Crutchfield.
03 GT, STB, GM HD sway bars, 35% tint, GE893(37watt)fogs, Flowtech Terminators, 180 T-stat, ZZP DP & PCM, Ceramic PLOG & Crossover, 18" glasspack, 2007 17" Mustang Bullits 235/55/17 Pirelli PZero Nero, 12" R1 D\S rotors, gutted air box, GTP radiator
#180464 - 03/27/08 08:55 PM Re: Crutchfield,com You have got to love them
4drgt Offline
Loc: Des Moines ,Iowa
not bad , just be glad you got from a good company so you didnt get HOSED
#180465 - 03/27/08 10:20 PM Re: Crutchfield,com You have got to love them
20gtp02 Offline
I have this habit all the time. It is so hard to test things before you start going to town on it, but you have to test it, you just have to! You can be as far along on a project and forget to test like you did, and be screwed.

#180466 - 03/28/08 12:00 AM Re: Crutchfield,com You have got to love them
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
When it comes to customer service, Crutchfield is at the top of the list.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.