Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#181192 - 05/02/02 02:32 PM What investment tools are you using?
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
Hey all,

Seeing as we all need mod money and given the current economic climate - I'm curious what people are investing in?

Direct in stocks, mutual funds, CDs, TBills, commodities ... or relying on IRAs other???

Let's hear it.

Me: Money Market Account (still positive growth at least), a few mutual funds (The Pain!!!! All downhill - Ouch!).

My mutuals are getting hammer

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP
#181193 - 05/02/02 02:57 PM Re: What investment tools are you using?
GTP Saloon Offline
Loc: Steve Dermody, Rochester, NY
Chew,

I've taken to just driving down the main Blvd around here throwing $100's out the window. :rolleyes: I figure at least this way I can control my losses. And heck, it makes others so happy! laugh

For real. My wife and I are almost entirely in Mutual Funds through different houses. Fidelity, Oppenheimer and SolomonSmithBarney. Except for immediately after 9/11, we've held steady for the duration of our little slowdown. [Yes!]
#181194 - 05/03/02 06:24 AM Re: What investment tools are you using?
Chris Jarrett Offline
Loc: Delaware County, PA
I've got some mutual funds, 401k, and direct stock in Canon (Thats who I work For). Everything is holding pretty steady, actually the Canon stock has gone up 8% since last year. Mutual funds are the safest, unless you you wanna go to Atlantic City, then at least some lady will bring you drinks while you flush your money down the toilet. cheers
Fully Loaded
Reflective Badges Everywhere, S.S. Grilles, Thrasher CAI,
Painted Calipers,
180 T-stat, titanium tint,Blazertech 3200's, ASP 3.4
Chinny's Rims
#181195 - 05/03/02 10:44 AM Re: What investment tools are you using?
Shag Finger Offline
Loc: Born and raised in Baltimore, ...
I have my 401 all going into thre mutual funds, one agreesive growth, one semi agressive and one that is nothing but bonds. I also participate in our employee stock purchase plan. % of my check goes into an account and at the end of 6 months it buys me a block of shares.
#181196 - 05/03/02 11:13 AM Re: What investment tools are you using?
Chew Offline
Loc: Washington, DC
Hey Shag,

What % split are you using for your 401k between the 3 types?

Chew

2007 Sly Silver Pontiac Solstice GXP
#181197 - 05/04/02 11:08 PM Re: What investment tools are you using?
Shag Finger Offline
Loc: Born and raised in Baltimore, ...
40 agressive
30 semi agressive
30 bonds

Probably going to change soon though. We got some new funds in our plan and I want to go over them all again.

Probably going to go with

70 agressive
20 semi
10 bonds

I am still young and looking to get the most that I can long term. Most of the mutuals that we have in our plan are all doing well even considering the current market.
#181198 - 05/08/02 11:38 AM Re: What investment tools are you using?
Sar Offline
Loc: Naperville,IL.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chew:
Hey all,

Seeing as we all need mod money and given the current economic climate - I'm curious what people are investing in?

Direct in stocks, mutual funds, CDs, TBills, commodities ... or relying on IRAs other???

Let's hear it.

Me: Money Market Account (still positive growth at least), a few mutual funds (The Pain!!!! All downhill - Ouch!).

My mutuals are getting hammer
I got 6% going into 401k .. can't remember the split, but it is diversified pretty well in the low gain/low risk areas. I also got 6% going into Motorola share (the company i work for). Their stock isn't doing that well right now though.
and more to come ...
#181199 - 05/13/02 06:54 PM Re: What investment tools are you using?
Chris Cattie Offline
Loc: Holland, PA / Newark, DE
Almost all my money is in mutual funds. I was actually suprised to see it actually made a decent profit (like $6,000) after 9/11 when most others fell. They must've invested in shotguns and american flag companies. I don't actually pay attention to them. I got a lady who does it all for me. I get a christmas & birthday card from her and stuff. I also get 1/4ly reports.
-c
#181200 - 05/30/02 10:15 AM Re: What investment tools are you using?
StllLearning Offline
Loc: MACGP
Cattie - can you find out what funds you are investing in?