Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#181387 - 08/22/09 12:17 PM Calender Pics.. When?
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Well I tried searching some posts but couldn't find anything on newer calender for 2009-2010.. Is there going to be one and when should I expect to start getting pics?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#181388 - 08/22/09 12:20 PM Re: Calender Pics.. When?
jorgs_7 Offline
Loc: Eagan,MN
Quote:
Originally posted by GrandPrixGTAlpine:
Well I tried searching some posts but couldn't find anything on newer calender for 2009-2010.. Is there going to be one and when should I expect to start getting pics?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.
Is there a place where the rules are as well? I thought I saw them somewhere....
#181389 - 08/22/09 12:49 PM Re: Calender Pics.. When?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
We had a thread for it. I don't know what happened to it. But here's what we used last year.

Note dates maybe different this year. Haven't finalized anything yet.

Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Cover design is on hold at this time.
More details will soon follow.

Calendar winners will be posted on 11/22.
Three will not make the calendar but will make the cover.
Create a cover with the three entries that do not make the calendar.
Rules are simple and easy to follow:
1) You may only use the three pics of the entries that do not make the calendar.
2) No calendar winners on the cover.
3) Your final design must not be any smaller in pixel size than 3000x2000.

To get a full sized copy of the pics, email me with "Calendar Cover Contest" in the subject and I will return email with the three pics.
Once you have your final design, email it to me with your screen name in the subject.

bobbythibodaux@gmail.com

Please be ready to go on this if you plan on creating a design. I would like to start the cover voting before the end of the month and have a quick voting to determine a winner.

Please feel free to contact me for any further questions.

Check back for further updates.

Submission deadline will be extended to Sunday, November 9th. Once the calendar hits Monday the 10th, it's over for the submissions.
This will be your last chance, no more extensions will be available to allow for time to get things rolling.

Don't waste time, get your pic in!

Calendar entry pic submission will begin on Wed Oct 1st and run through the end of Oct, ending on Fri Oct 31st. No pics will be accepted after Oct 31st (your time zone).
To submit your pic you must adhere to the original set of rules posted below.
Email your entry pic to either Herc or myself, we will resize your pic for posting while we'll be keeping the original high quality, full sized pic (no less than 5 megs on your camera setting).
When emailing your pic please put only your screen name in the subject line, nothing else.
Resubmitting a different picture during the month will be allowed as long as all of the rules posted are followed. To resubmit just email your new pic in the same exact manner you sent your first pic. Any pic received by Herc and myself will cancel out any previous pic you already submitted.
A separate thread containing the submission pics will be stickied and locked to prevent a run on of comments. If you notice the pic submission thread is unlocked please do not take the opportunity to post in the thread, it'll be unlock to allow Herc or myself to update with pics.

Email your pics to:
HercMan - striperchaser@yahoo.com
AustinGTP - bobbythibodaux@gmail.com

Please check back for any updates.

Official Calendar Pic Entry Rules
1) Only one pic per entrant shall be submitted.
2) Pic should contain only your Grand Prix. Do not submit your pic if there are any other cars in it, that includes deep in the back ground. No group shots and no partial pics of your Grand Prix.
3) You must be the current owner of the Grand Prix at the time of print.
4) No people should be included in the pic, that includes deep in the back ground.
5) No license plates, dealer plates or any sexually suggestive material shall be displayed.
6) Calendar worthy pics only. Any non calendar worthy pic submitted will be rejected before voting begins.
7) No Photoshop or any other photo editing software enhancements, other than lighting correction.
8) All pics must be taken using no less than a high quality (300dpi) 5 meg size. This will insure a good quality pic on the calendar. A separate thread will be started when pics can start to be submitted and at that time a high quality (300dpi) single pic no less than 5 megs in size should be sent to either Herc or myself. We will then resize the pics to an 800x600 format for the voting thread.
DO NOT SUBMIT ANY PICS AT THIS TIME.

These rules are black and white, so please do not create any gray areas.

You will have plenty of time to go out and take several pics with different backgrounds to choose from.

Please check back often for any further additions to the rules.
#181390 - 08/22/09 03:31 PM Re: Calender Pics.. When?
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
Some advice when taking the pictures:

Avoid mid-day shots where sun is highest in the sky. Attempt for those shots of sunrise/sunset where you get a nice soft shadow; and speaking of shadows, take the picture of the side without shadows. Make sure if you are using a digital camera to make sure quality setting is on it's highest (extra fine, etc.. there are different names).

Of course these tips are not from me, I read up on it, and I hope some of you do the same for some good photos. Here is the link:

http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/home.html

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#181391 - 08/24/09 10:25 PM Re: Calender Pics.. When?
AustinGTP Offline
Loc: Austin, TX
Expect entry submission to start at the beginning of Nov with voting to start sometime mid Nov.

Nothing is set in stone and the expected dates are subject to move to a later date.

Calendars will be sold through the same Cafepress store GrandPrixNet, so the print time will be immediate.
There will be plenty of time for you to receive your calendar before Jan 1.

In order to insure every month gets filled, please have a back up pic taken and ready, like maybe your second choice pic. If needed there could be a possibility of having 2 entry pics.

Died 5/1/08, resurrected 5/15/08
ASCD SD hood, 17" Bullitts, Overkill PCM, 3.4" Pulley, NGK TR55IX, K&N 9" cone filter, JimmyC D/P, U-bend removed, Flowmaster 40 series, Hooker big bore tips with resonators, S/B brake lines, drilled/slot rotors, GMPP handling kit, KYB struts, F&R strut supports, HID's, LED's, 2.5" Air Dam, red GTP overlays on custom badges, white rear insert.