Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182258 - 01/28/09 03:01 AM Calling all Canadians
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Just throwing out a little info and looking for some feedback.

My wife made the suggestion last night about going to visit her cousin in upstate Vermont this coming summer. (We have a vacation week in July) They have cabin on Lake Willougby and while we are so close by, she has expressed a strong desire to visit Quebec City once again. She took a train trip there while she was in college and has always wanted to return. I figure if we do this, once we leave Quebec City we could follow the seaway back down thru Montreal and possibly Toronto.
I thought it might be cool to try to have a mini-meet one day along the way. The only drawback being if this is a summer trip we'll most likely take the convertible but it still would be cool to hook up and say hi and maybe grab some food.

I know Redgie the Wedgie is in Mountain, Ontario but not sure about anyone else north of the border. We arent set in stone on this yet but chime in and let me know what you think.

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#182259 - 01/28/09 04:42 AM Re: Calling all Canadians
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Isn't the summer in Canada still kinda cold for a convertible?
#182260 - 01/28/09 10:26 AM Re: Calling all Canadians
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
My g/f's brother is up in Vermont (Manchester). I could ask him of some stuff to do in that area if you're interested.
#182261 - 01/28/09 11:55 AM Re: Calling all Canadians
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Isn't the summer in Canada still kinda cold for a convertible?
No, our summers here are similar to yours. Maybe not AS hot but it still gets very warm, passing 85+ degrees some days.

Tbat, Montreal is a very nice city, but you better learn how to drive on the sidewalk because their are some very crazy, ignorant and rude drivers that will run you off the road there haha. Oh, and you can't turn right at a red light either, it's illegal in Quebec, you have to wait for the green. Just a heads up wink

If you do go to Montreal, their is a very nice underground tour that you can take, 'old montreal' and they have many malls and boutiques that you can go and shop in underground, I would recommend that.

Too bad you're not coming in the Winter, Quebec has alot of very nice mountains to ski/snowboard and the views from up there I cannot describe in words.

If you do decide to pass through Toronto, you would be driving right by me. Lunch is on me wink

Toronto is a very nice city with lots of things to see. If you like shopping (i'm sure the wife does) their are many malls, the nicest probobly being the Eaton Centre and the Vaughn Mill's. If you're into fishing or outdoors their is a huge Outdoors World/Bass Pro Shops at the Vaughn Mill's mall with a large aquarium built into it.

Obviously their is the CN tower that you can ride up and eat in the restaurant there.

Are you more into sight-seeing or just walking down a main strip and stop at little shops?

Depending on when you would be passing through, their may be a large spring or fall Grand Prix BBQ. Many nice ppl to meet there.
#182262 - 01/28/09 01:03 PM Re: Calling all Canadians
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
I'm not going Tbat is wink
#182263 - 01/28/09 01:23 PM Re: Calling all Canadians
r.s.hutchinson Offline
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Woops smile Fixed.
#182264 - 01/29/09 03:28 AM Re: Calling all Canadians
ThunderBat Offline
OK...I see how you really are! lol lol

Thankfully my wife isnt big shopper...she is much more into the scenic thing so she can do her shutterbugging. She does enjoy the eclectic antique shop and the small, local "mom & pop" kind of fare.

Underground Montreal does sound pretty cool and right up her alley,especially since she has never been there. I plan to give her the reigns in Quebec and let her run to her hearts content.

Thanks so much for the info and we'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the offer on the info Ordonez, but since her cousins will be hosting us in Vermont we'll kind of be following their lead. thumbsup

#182265 - 01/29/09 03:47 AM Re: Calling all Canadians
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by r.s.hutchinson:
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
[b] Isn't the summer in Canada still kinda cold for a convertible?
No, our summers here are similar to yours. Maybe not AS hot but it still gets very warm, passing 85+ degrees some days. [/b]
LOL OK, maybe it's warmer than I thought, but it's nothing like mine. On a cool day in the summer here is 100* with 100% humidity. Our summer here is TOO HOT for a convertible...sad, really, when you have to wait for winter to drive your car with the windows/top down.
#182266 - 01/29/09 04:35 AM Re: Calling all Canadians
Chico Offline
Loc: Gonzales Tx.
Being a transplanted Canadian living in TX I would say Canadian summers remind me of Tx. winters,And T-Bat Montrel is cool lots of cottage industry shopping but it's true the drivers are criminally INSANE .Chico(pops)
#182267 - 01/29/09 11:31 AM Re: Calling all Canadians
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ThunderBat:

Thanks for the offer on the info Ordonez, but since her cousins will be hosting us in Vermont we'll kind of be following their lead. thumbsup
No problem, man. It's not a very exciting place, so I didn't want you to be standing around.
#182268 - 01/30/09 02:36 AM Re: Calling all Canadians
ThunderBat Offline
"criminally insane drivers" lol lol ...and here I thought that was just New York and Washington DC!

Ordonez, we might have to stop in and bug you for little bit if we do Florida in the spring...late April-early May. On the way back from Key West.

#182269 - 01/30/09 01:00 PM Re: Calling all Canadians
tazfootball2 Offline
Loc: Westport, IN
If you go up to Canada make sure you take your passport. I believe they are changing the law this Summer. We used to go up to party and gamble and all we needed was a birth certificate and photo ID, but now you have to have a passport.

#182270 - 01/30/09 02:18 PM Re: Calling all Canadians
ordonez1307 Offline
Quote:

Ordonez, we might have to stop in and bug you for little bit if we do Florida in the spring...late April-early May. On the way back from Key West.
Sounds good to me, man. I look forward to meeting you! I just hope I have a car to show you!
#182271 - 01/30/09 07:45 PM Re: Calling all Canadians
ThunderBat Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by ordonez1307:
Quote:
[b]

Sounds good to me, man. I look forward to meeting you! I just hope I have a car to show you! [/b]
No sweat on the car thing, even if its in pieces...especially since I'll be in the convertible anyways.

#182272 - 02/01/09 06:54 PM Re: Calling all Canadians
ReDgie the WeDgie Offline
Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada
I live south of Ottawa, our nations capitol. It is a very scenic city with lots to do. www.ottawa.com We are on the border with Quebec, approx 30 minutes from the NY border and 1.5 hours from montreal. I was born im motreal and for me the area known as old montreal is by far the best the city has to offer...im sure others would disagree.
We have lots of museums, as I recall TBat you are a military buff, our new war museum is definately a must see....add to it the parliament buildings, the art museums its a wonderful city to spend a few days in....
#182273 - 02/02/09 12:57 PM Re: Calling all Canadians
2fast4u Offline
Loc: Livonia, MI
T-Bat u should totaly do that, then on your way home come back down through michigan smile we could have another mini meet smile

Mods: 11.87@115 strictly stock
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/98-GTP-burnout_207724.htm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >