Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182602 - 05/19/08 04:07 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Actually the 60Gigs (good luck finding one must buy used) and th 80 gigs PS3s are backwards compatable. But iirc the 80s aren't sold right now cause they are coming out with a 100+
#182603 - 05/19/08 04:11 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
still id go xbox 360...considering i have 3 xboxes,and 2 360s lol

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#182604 - 05/19/08 04:36 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
But yep 360 has way more games available for it.
#182605 - 05/19/08 05:04 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
soulonfire11 Offline
Loc: Chicago
PS3 is very versatile. i have ubuntu linux on mine, i can use mine as a media server i can play blueray i can use bluetooth. games and movies can play in full 1080p (360 cant). 360 is just inferior and harder to use if you like having multiple functions, the ps3 is perfect if you use it for more then just games. game wise the systems are about equal, PS3 has more potential...
#182606 - 05/19/08 05:08 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
But yep 360 has way more games available for it.
It's been out a lot longer, so it should. And even with it having been out longer, it's have a much higher failure rate.
#182607 - 05/19/08 05:10 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
I believe That's more due to the fact that Microsoft farmed out the production to flood the market then to producing themselves and maintaining quality.
#182608 - 05/19/08 09:40 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
gteisele Offline
Loc: New Jersey
get the cheaper PS3 better graffics if you have a nice tv free internet play (iknow paying for 360 isnt that much of a deal) but with a blueray built in how could you go wrong blue ray players are so expensive as it is and the HD dvd player for 360 is like 80 bucs as well
(99 GT),K&N 9" intake,ZZP HV TB(68mm), ZZP PCM,ZZP front powerlog, HV3 intake manifold spacer, 3" DP to SLP exhaust,Comp Cam 801 and springs, MSD ignition,Voltage Booster,black housing headlights with HID kit and halos
#182609 - 05/19/08 10:14 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
And HD is on the outs so Xbox is making a blue ray.

Yep the $50 a year could go to the purchase of a new game lol.
#182610 - 05/19/08 10:31 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
brown Offline
Loc: Belleville, MI
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
[b] But yep 360 has way more games available for it.
It's been out a lot longer, so it should. And even with it having been out longer, it's have a much higher failure rate. [/b]
Last I heard the 360 and PS3 had about the same failure rate. I dont know if its true, none of my friends have PS3.

Rockstar is currently has new downloadable content in the works for the 360 version. I'm sure they will bring it out for PS3, but I havent heard when. The PS3 version of GTA has had some major glitching problems, so much so Rockstar had to release a patch to fix it.
#182611 - 05/20/08 12:40 AM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
I ended up getting the PS3 tonight. I bought GTA IV for it and am very glad I went with the PS3. The Online works great and flawlessly and i dont have to pay for it like i woulda had to with Xbox live. No complaints so far and everything runs great.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#182612 - 05/20/08 04:41 AM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
Acefighter Offline
I haven't heard failures in PS3s since they first came out. That was fixed with a simple download. I don't think they've had anything to compare with the frequent RROD or whatever it's called with the 360.

I could be wrong, though. But I'm pretty sure they are much more reliable.
#182613 - 05/20/08 01:29 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
jeremy Offline
Loc: Mableton, GA
as a person that works in the video game retail industry i have to deal with this question about 15 time a day if not more. there are advantages to both systems and draw backs to both. with the PS3 you get the only free to upgrade Blu-Ray player on the market. You also get the most powerful home console ever built the only problem with that is developers are still having a hard time creating titles that use the resources of the PS3 and because of that if you compare games that are on both systems you will find that on the 360 the games support a higher resolution and frame rate. you also get free to play online but remember you get what you pay for there haven't been to many problems yet with playstation online but thats because they really don't have very many games that have alot of online players they have COD 4, GTA4 and Unreal Tournament III and that is about it for the big games once more start to get released then your going to notice some serious down time and lag on the servers esp. when resistance 2 comes out. now with X box live you have to pay to play if you buy 1 month its 7.99 if you buy 3 months its $6.66 a month and if you buy the 12+1 month cards its $3.85 a month but since Microsoft uses most of the money they make selling subscriptions to constantly update and improve the network you get a more reliable online experience. case in point on COD4 when they released the new maps they had one of the largest spikes known to Xbox live there were over 400,000 players online at the same moment trying to download the maps well needless to say the servers crashed and pissed alot of people off by the next day less then 24 hours later the servers were back up and running with no lag and no real problems still with the 400,000 people online. now with the PS3 every once in a while i have noticed that the servers go down for several days or at least they do in my area because we get a huge influx of phone calls from people asking whats wrong with their ps3 because they cant get online to play. in my eyes they are both great systems but the choice boils down to one question do you want to play games or watch movies. if you want to play games the 360 is the way to go if you want to watch movies then the PS3 is the way to go. the reason i say that is for now the libary of games on the 360 is alot higher in number then the ps3 and except for a few titles such as resistance, heavenly sword, metal gear, final fantasy, and uncharted most of the games on the ps3 are on the 360 as well. now for the reliability issues with the 360 to be honest the problem really isn't as big as most people set it out to be what made the RROD issue so big was Halo 3. a few months before Halo 3 was released sales of halo and halo 2 skyrocketed and more and more people were playing marathon gaming sessions lasting 8-10 hours locked in small rooms with little to no air flow now if there is one thing that the 360 doesn't like is hot air so the systems started to over heat. now here is wear part of the blame falls on Microsoft they decided to use aluminum to solder the chipsets to the system well it turns out the the melting point of the solder was lower then the emergency shut off temp of the chips so the solder started mealting and cause shorts thus the RROD what made that such a bug issue was the fact that 100-200 thousand xboxs died in the same month. well there were backups in repairs so Microsoft again took a short cut and instead of fixing the problem they just repaired the system and sent it back well halo 3 released and once again marathon sessions and the same systems got sent back now i know from first had experience how frustrating this can be because believe me or not i am on my 5th 360 and its getting repaired as im typing this. but at least Microsoft extended their warranty to 3 years to cover the RROD. and as for PS3's not breaking ha the reason its not as well talked about is because there are only a handful in homes compared to the 360 the main problems with the ps3 are hard drive failure and GPU failure.

#182614 - 05/20/08 02:24 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:
now with the PS3 every once in a while i have noticed that the servers go down for several days

now for the reliability issues with the 360 to be honest the problem really isn't as big as most people set it out to be

i know from first had experience how frustrating this can be because believe me or not i am on my 5th 360 and its getting repaired as im typing this.
I have yet to see the server go down and the boys and I play COD4 probably a good three hours a day.

And if the RROD/reliability isn't that big of an issue then why are you on your 5th and why is it getting repaired? You seem to know the cause but yet...

I know MS will repair it for the next three years but it's a pain to have to send it in wait for it to get fixed and mailed back.

I had to do that with Rockband because the dang bass pedal broke. Had to call in tell em what happened then I had to wait two weeks for the letter with the prepaid postage to ship it then I had to find a box cause I had to send everything not just the drums or just the pedal (lucky I still had the box) then drop it off at UPS then wait another two weeks for a dang gift card to go pick up another rockband set. Which because taxes have increased here I ended up paying an extra $2.50 for grrrrrr......
#182615 - 05/21/08 03:00 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
Arcxnus Offline
360 can remotely connect to anything that supports Microsoft's Home Media Center. Wirelessly, if you're set up for it.

And general statistics show that most games run and look better on 360, not PS3, so I'm disagreeing with whoever posted that.

You can get a wireless headset for 360 too, so that's a moot argument.

More people on Live, more games, get a 360.

Not an expensive DVD player.

And dammit, you can harp on that RRoD all you want Herc, it makes you look like a Harpy waiting to swoop in at the first sign of something going wrong, when in reality, your precious PS3s are just as prone to failure. Sony just never admitted it and they're not as popular nor do they have as many big-hit games, so it doesn't get the publicity that the 360 does.

At least Microsoft is willing to identify and fix their mistakes at NO COST to the consumer.

So point it out all you want. If you can't go for week without a console, there's something wrong with you anyway. They send you a new console and a free month of Live, no matter what you send your Box in for.

For the money, support, community and games, 360 FAR outclasses the PS3 as it stands right now.

It may change in the future, but that's how it is right now in this moment in time.

Go ahead and nitpick the 360 like you always do, your complaints about it are minor indeed. I'll just link to the gamer thread if you want, all the argument anyone could ever need is in there, so don't waste your time.
#182616 - 05/21/08 06:42 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
A little edgey today? I'm sorry if your precious game console is being questioned but get over it.

I was only pointing out that Jeremy says it's not a big deal but yet he's on his 5th which is in getting repairs.

So either he's doing something wrong or there is a problem.

I have nothing against the 360 and actually want to get one. Like I said in another thread the only reason I went PS3 was the built in BR.