Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182617 - 05/21/08 07:24 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
For what it's worth, I have had my 360 for about 6 months now and have not had any hardware issues with it. Granted, I only play about 1 hour per day, but maybe I'm lucky.

My boss got one the night they came out, and he has never had a RROD..
#182618 - 05/21/08 08:46 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
soulonfire11 Offline
Loc: Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
360 can remotely connect to anything that supports Microsoft's Home Media Center. Wirelessly, if you're set up for it.
Honestly it took me around 2 hours to set the media center link up with my friend's 360. you have to download some BS program that tries to connect with the 360 and takes over a half hour to load. then you have to copy files into a special folder just to get it to work. the streaming is ridiculously slow and video and audio don't match up.

On the PS3, all you do is start the server on your PC and the PS3 auto-detects the media server and plays ***ANY*** media on your computer whether it be pictures, video, or music. all the files can be copied to the PS3 hard drive. Couldn't be easier.

360 is a good gaming machine, but thats about it. It isnt a media center or anything other then just a gaming console
#182619 - 05/22/08 12:50 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
Arcxnus Offline
Loc: Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by HercMan:
A little edgey today? I'm sorry if your precious game console is being questioned but get over it.
Shut it, hypocrite, you do the same thing, and I expected this response from you because I see it all the time when YOUR precious console isn't getting all the hype YOU think it deserves.

So bite me.

You can't take it when yours is questioned either, obviously, so don't be a dillhole. I even said that I was a Sony fan, but you obviously ignore what you want so you say things that don't make a damn bit of sense or take into consideration anything that wouldn't make your two-bit argument less valid than it already is.

You harp on everything that's wrong with something, never have ANYTHING good to say about it, and then when someone calls you on it and points it out, defending themselves AS WELL AS GIVING CREDIT to the other side, you keep having that stick in your ass. You say you want a 360 but all you do is bash it. Your defense needs work.

It's absolutely no-win with you, on anything. Not just this, I've seen it's pretty much your attitude with anything on here. Your way or the highway, everytime. And your negativity towards Lone in his switch thread should make you happy that the admins aren't around to take you out of power because your attitude sucks.

And yes, so does mine, but it hasn't until now, mostly because I'm sick of the stupidass crap on this site that has cropped up recently. Your BS behavior that everyone tolerates has only gotten worse, so .. bleh2u. I'm also not a mod and not an official representative of a community.

So yeah. Go ahead and harp on me now, you don't know crap about me. Austin, T-Bat, Slick, all the other people that have met me multiple times know that I won't flip out like this for good reason.

But I'm just an internet entity to you.

But back on the subject. You started an argument that didn't need arguing. You said yourself you bought it for BR.

This guy wants a console for games.

THREAD F*CKING OVER.

Lock it, because you know you want to.

Quote:
Originally posted by soulonfire11:
Quote:
Originally posted by Arcxnus:
[b] 360 can remotely connect to anything that supports Microsoft's Home Media Center. Wirelessly, if you're set up for it.
Honestly it took me around 2 hours to set the media center link up with my friend's 360. you have to download some BS program that tries to connect with the 360 and takes over a half hour to load. then you have to copy files into a special folder just to get it to work. the streaming is ridiculously slow and video and audio don't match up.

On the PS3, all you do is start the server on your PC and the PS3 auto-detects the media server and plays ***ANY*** media on your computer whether it be pictures, video, or music. all the files can be copied to the PS3 hard drive. Couldn't be easier.

360 is a good gaming machine, but thats about it. It isnt a media center or anything other then just a gaming console [/b]
If you want a media center, for whatever it's freaking good for in the first place, use a computer.

For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would buy another 300-700 dollar gaming system to play music and movies from their computer when other options are far cheaper.

And LOL AT YOU.

They ARE gaming consoles. That is their primary purpose.

"JUST a gaming console", lol. Wow.
#182620 - 05/22/08 12:52 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
UMfan Offline
Loc: Oregon
Holy crap people need to chill out. It's just video games.

EDIT: I re-read Herc's posts in the toggle switch thread and I don't see anything wrong with what he posted.
#182621 - 05/22/08 01:04 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry Arx.
#182622 - 05/22/08 02:36 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
Lizardthing88 Offline
Loc: Cincinnati
Holy S#!T balls. Good thing this isn't a thread about politics and what a horroible choice Obama is... but my son has an X-Box as well as a 360. I just bought the PS3 for christmas mainly for the Blue Ray player. I have been a Ps fan since their inception. So i reckon i'm biased.
#182623 - 05/28/08 12:05 AM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
00grandprixgt Offline
Loc: Wall Lake Iowa
wow.

-98 GTP DAYTONA 752/1500
-Intake
-CCG grills
-HID
-Tint
-1 12" Pioneer Premier
soon to come: projectors,exhaust work, 3.4 setup.
#182624 - 05/28/08 12:11 AM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
GTPCompG Offline
Loc: Ames, Iowa
I regret starting this thread to begin with, it just started out with me wondering which one would suit me best lol, i didnt want it to become an argument.

Inferno Package/CAI/180tstat/3" DP/AL 104 XP's/3.8 MPS/Tuned
#182625 - 05/30/08 06:43 PM Re: Xbox 360 or PS3?
ReDgie the WeDgie Offline
Loc: Ottawa Ontario Canada
colecovision FTW!!!!!