Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182778 - 07/05/08 03:53 PM Re: Official Calander thread
ordonez1307 Offline
Loc: Bradenton, FL
cafepress is how we did ours in our local club too. very easy and a nice quality piece
#182779 - 07/07/08 01:15 AM Re: Official Calander thread
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
I'd just like to say what a great idea I think this is...and its perfect excuse to get back around to working on the T-Bat some more. I ordered a Pontiac logo license plate online and I need to get my grilles installed...but all in all a great way to take pride in our cars. I get a car calendar for Christmas every year...this one will look great on the den wall.

Give us your best guys thumbsup I know many of you have some sweet looking rides...shine em up!

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#182780 - 07/07/08 02:18 AM Re: Official Calander thread
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Where did you get it, Tbat?
#182781 - 07/07/08 05:58 PM Re: Official Calander thread
ThunderBat Offline
Loc: Virginia
Amazon.com

license plate

I also found a website called signsbyyou.com that offers custom made plates but they were a bit more than this one...but the "design your own" feature is pretty cool.

custom plates

Thoughts from the Highway of Life www.tobthebat.wordpress.com
#182782 - 07/12/08 10:29 PM Re: Official Calander thread
Richard Candelario Offline
I'd like to submit the pic of my car in front of the NM mountains. If the pics are asked for before I can get reliable access to the internet, can someone gimme a call? This sounds GREAT!

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#182783 - 07/13/08 01:02 PM Re: Official Calander thread
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas
When it comes time for pic submissions if you don't have reliable internet to email your submission Bobby and I would be happy to give you our addresses so you can mail it in on a CDR.
#182784 - 07/13/08 10:52 PM Re: Official Calander thread
Richard Candelario Offline
Getting on the internet for just a few minutes aint the hard part. The hard part is finding enough time regularly (for now) to keep checkin the boards. It'd take nothing to blast an attchmt out real quick. Though, I should have internet here at the house within the month. I hope.

WizAire CAI w/9" K&N & HV3, 2.5" d/p w/h/f cat, Cobra CB, PowerSlot slots w/Hawk HPS, GR-2s, GMPP handling kit, NextLevel STBs, Pilot Sport A/S Plus tires.

98 L36/MM5
RaC
#182785 - 07/14/08 02:20 AM Re: Official Calander thread
Acefighter Offline
Loc: Texas
Well, from what I understand, it shouldn't be a problem, because the submissions won't be for a while. Which is a good thing, because my car needs to be re-sprayed and re-tinted first, and I need to buy a camera, and I need to find the time to get off work and go take the picture... lol
#182786 - 07/14/08 09:11 AM Re: Official Calander thread
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by '01 GT:
Austin and Herc since i am a print student and knowing how files can be messed up, it would be better if the files are at least 300dpi because they can be 5megs and still be 72dpi which will print like crap. Because if u have 300dpi you can resize it to whatever size you want without it becoming a bad picture.
#182787 - 07/14/08 09:12 AM Re: Official Calander thread
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by AustinGTP:
Number 8 has been updated.

Quote:
8) All pics must be taken using no less than a [b]high quality (300dpi) 5 meg size. This will insure a good quality pic on the calendar. A separate thread will be started when pics can start to be submitted and at that time a high quality (300dpi) single pic no less than 5 megs in size should be sent to either Herc or myself. We will then resize the pics to an 800x600 format for the voting thread.
[/b]
#182788 - 07/14/08 09:13 AM Re: Official Calander thread
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
ok for those of you that dont know how to check for that you can open your picture into photoshop and find out what the image size is. Just make sure to take a big enough picture so that you can downsize it if needed but like austin stated no less than 300dpi. Most pictures taken with a look and shoot camera have a dpi over 400 so you should be good either way, but just make sure.
#182789 - 07/14/08 09:15 AM Re: Official Calander thread
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by northtnguy:
Quote:
[b] Austin and Herc since i am a print student and knowing how files can be messed up, it would be better if the files are at least 300dpi because they can be 5megs and still be 72dpi which will print like crap. Because if u have 300dpi you can resize it to whatever size you want without it becoming a bad picture.
This is where things become confusing. Don't confuse dpi with ppi . If you go to photoshop, you're not resizing the pictures from 72dpi to 300dpi, you're resizing them from 72ppi to 300 ppi. There's a big difference in those two settings! You're talking about some big, big pictures that most e-mail clients will NOT send.

Most of the digital cameras output to 72ppi so you can view the whole picture on the screen when you view them ... I know all my Sony cameras and my Canon ouput to 72ppi.

I think I would just let the printer (whoever that might be) resize them after they're uploaded. I'd just about put money on it that most online printers will resize them to what they need.

Don [/b]
#182790 - 07/14/08 09:16 AM Re: Official Calander thread
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
So, just what does DPI and PPI mean?
#182791 - 07/14/08 09:18 AM Re: Official Calander thread
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Acefighter:
[b] So, just what does DPI and PPI mean?
DPI = Dots per inch

PPI = Pixels per inch [/b]
#182792 - 07/14/08 09:22 AM Re: Official Calander thread
HercMan(Rob) Offline
Quote:
Quote:
This is where things become confusing. Don't confuse dpi with ppi . If you go to photoshop, you're not resizing the pictures from 72dpi to 300dpi, you're resizing them from 72ppi to 300 ppi. There's a big difference in those two settings! You're talking about some big, big pictures that most e-mail clients will NOT send.

Most of the digital cameras output to 72ppi so you can view the whole picture on the screen when you view them ... I know all my Sony cameras and my Canon ouput to 72ppi.

I think I would just let the printer (whoever that might be) resize them after they're uploaded. I'd just about put money on it that most online printers will resize them to what they need.

Don [/QB]
most printers will not spend the time resizing all the images for the calendar(especially not a small ma and pa shop). Someone also needs to figure out who they want to design the calendar so that when we send the file to the printer all the printer has to do is send it through prepress and to plates and be printed. It will save us alot of money if someone on here designs them rather than sending them to the printer to design because they will not want to do all of that work just for a car club calendar. [/QB][/QUOTE]